PDA

View Full Version : Assassin temp

Heil0104
05-06-2015, 10:13 PM
Hello all! Quick question for you all. I googled it and didn't have much luck. I was lucky enough to have my Assassin come in last Friday. Which was awesome because we had a contest on Saturday! I noticed on the temp there was around a 50-60 degree difference between what the guage said and actual temp in the smoker. I used a couple oven thermometers on the inside. Any suggestions on how to correct this? It came with the pitmasterIQ, I just didn't have time to play with it. Thanks! And we did take first in ribs!!!

bbqwizard
05-06-2015, 10:24 PM
Hello all! Quick question for you all. I googled it and didn't have much luck. I was lucky enough to have my Assassin come in last Friday. Which was awesome because we had a contest on Saturday! I noticed on the temp there was around a 50-60 degree difference between what the guage said and actual temp in the smoker. I used a couple oven thermometers on the inside. Any suggestions on how to correct this? It came with the pitmasterIQ, I just didn't have time to play with it. Thanks! And we did take first in ribs!!!

The probe in the door needs to be calibrated. There are a couple easy ways to do this.... just Google how to calibrate for detailed instruction. Easy fix. Besides that however, it is not uncommon to have variance at the door and where the reading in the cooker.

Congrats on the cooker! You are going to love it. I know I do!