PDA

View Full Version : New KJ Big Joe - Thanks Costco Roadshow!!!!!

uncblue
04-20-2015, 09:58 AM
Hey there Brethren... About 3 yrs ago I stumbled onto this forum and man has my life changed for the better..From a cheapy gasser to having an armada of Webers and kamados 8-)

I just added the Big Joe to the arsenal...This is a Big Boy..makes my large Vision look anemic 8-)

So for the Road show price of $1,199, I bought the demo unit KJBJ in red with all the usual accouterments PLUS the halfmoon CI griddle AND the CI halfmoon grate for FREE!!! I also added 88lbs of KJ lump which was all that my poor Toyota Hylander would hold...Speaking of vehicles...Yeah, I own a F150 as well and should have taken it..I figured it'd be easy to put in since it was demo already out of the box..Wrong..this thing is HUGE and had to be tilted to get in and handle, shelve bracket, and CI top vent had to be removed to get it in the back...

Sooooo.... what else do I need? I want to enjoy 3 tier grilling with this. The divide & conquer offers sooo many options.... Should I just get the extender? Should I consider the options from Ceramicgrillstore.com? I've googled for best price on the extender and found for $74. Even cheaper if getting the $47 one from Ebay but I dont know if it'd be the same quality as the KJ.

In addition to the half moon deflectors, I have the KJ pizza stone and a reg pizza stone... Is there anything from a deflector stance that I would need?

Thanks all for your help. I appreciate the feedback...

oh yeah..1st day cook to season was a fatty and then 3 pizzas.....I'll try to add some pron...

Mike Twangzer
04-20-2015, 11:28 AM
Nice !!! waiting on some pron !!!

Wickedcajun
04-20-2015, 11:45 AM
Sounds like you're pretty much set... Cook on that thing for awhile and then order what you need!!!

WhitesideJC
04-20-2015, 11:57 AM
Congrats! I just ordered a system from Ceramic Grill Works, but haven't had the chance to open up the box yet! Greetings from a fellow Raleighite!

mau
04-20-2015, 04:47 PM
Nice score, can't wait to see some of the results.

centexsmoker
04-20-2015, 04:51 PM
Great score. Sounds like you got a lot of great stuff with it. If you are looking for more toys (and aren't we all) I'm a huge fan of all the Ceramic grill Store stuff. I have lots of it. Tom is a great dude and quality and service are 2nd to none.

DubfromGA
04-20-2015, 05:20 PM
You stole that monster !!!!

Very nicely done.

As far as items you're asking about.....I'd stick with the KJ gear. It works with your grates and the D&C system is really going to be easy to build upon.