1 T. granulated garlic
1 T. MSG
1 t. ground bay leaves
1 t. whole anise seeds
1 t. coriander
1 t. ground thyme

Mix all the spices, cure, and garlic into the beer and place in refrigerator
while you cut up the meat to fit in the grinder. Pour the spiced beer over
the meat and mix well. Run meat and spice mixture through the fine plate and mix again. Stuff into medium hog casings. Smoke or slow grill till they are done. Wrap in a piece of bread and slap on the mustard heavy.

indianagriller
04-05-2015, 09:11 PM
are you talking like Elgin style beef sausage? I have always heard 85 /15 beef to pork with a simple seasoning of salt, pepper, cayenne to taste...

1MoreFord
04-06-2015, 06:24 PM
Bigwheel's Genuine Texas Hotlinks (Revised 11/21/02)

6-7 lbs. Boston Butt
1 bottle beer (Try Shiner Bock)
2 T. coarse ground black pepper
2 T. crushed red pepper
2 T. Cayenne
2 T. Hungarian Paprika
1 T. Morton's Tender Quick
2 T. Kosher Salt
2 T. Whole Mustard Seeds
1/4 cup minced fresh garlic
1 T. granulated garlic
1 T. MSG
1 t. ground bay leaves
1 t. whole anise seeds
1 t. coriander
1 t. ground thyme

Mix all the spices, cure, and garlic into the beer and place in refrigerator while you cut up the meat to fit in the grinder. Pour the spiced beer over the meat and mix well. Run meat and spice mixture through the fine plate and mix again. Stuff into medium hog casings. Smoke or slow grill till they are done. Wrap in a piece of bread and slap on the mustard heavy. Bob Wills music and Lone Star Beer on the side.

gtr
04-06-2015, 07:20 PM
Here's (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1277491&postcount=4) a great post by thirdeye on the subject. I've done something close to this and was pretty dang happy with the result. One thing to keep in mind is that the grind is much more coarse than you'll normally find in other sausages. I bought some aftermarket plates for my KA grinder to get a coarse enough plate. I'm going to experiment with grinding the meat coarse and the fat more fine next time. I think the recipes are based in German and Czech sausage recipes. I love that TX sausage. I have a bunch of Meyer's in the freezer right now.

Wickedcajun
04-06-2015, 07:48 PM
Yum!!!