PDA

View Full Version : New Broil King Vertical Charcoal Smoker

Jackinkc
03-22-2015, 10:28 AM
Just saw this online. Don't think they are out yet, but should be soon. I have been in the market for a decent budget vertical charcoal smoker and am excited to find out if these are decent. Had anyone heard anything about them?

http://www.broilkingbbq.com/grills.php?series=11&model_id=923610

Fwismoker
03-22-2015, 10:40 AM
Looks like a Brinkmann, wouldn't waste your money. There's plenty of better cookers for you dollars imo.

Sausage Warrior
03-22-2015, 11:04 AM
Looks like a Brinkmann, wouldn't waste your money. There's plenty of better cookers for you dollars imo.

Agree.

However I have a brinkman that I modded and use it exclusively for smoking sausage. It's not reasonable for much else.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=206788&highlight=Elmer

Bludawg
03-22-2015, 11:53 AM
I disagree!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't be intimidated. It's your money spend it how you like and get what you want you're cooking on it. This company makes the Keg and builds quality products.I don't see Brinkman offering a 5 year warranty on the Fire box and 2 yrs on the rest of the pit. That Vertical cooker is constructed like a Keg Double wall & Insulated I'd be interested in buying one if there was a Dealer close to me.

Cooknhogz
03-22-2015, 12:12 PM
I agree with Bludawg. With the warrantee its got me interested. I have a cheep Master forge from Lowes with a couple mods that puts out as good as Q as my $4000 cooker. Most of the time its the person running the cooker and not the cooker on how good the end product is. Just my .02

Fwismoker
03-22-2015, 12:20 PM
Broil king also makes grill pro vertical...bad reviews. It's a gamble imo and a two year warranty isn't much on parts. UDS drums if had a warranty would be much longer than 5 years.

Agree with blue on spend money how you like, it was jmo

BigBobBQ
03-22-2015, 07:07 PM
I don't know but it says double wall and weighs 300lbs so it can't be to shabby if it is that heavy. I guess time will tell.

pjtexas1
03-22-2015, 08:17 PM
Lowe's is a dealer. None listed on the site yet. I am interested just on the fact that it is insulated and heavy.

SmittyJonz
03-22-2015, 11:11 PM
I'd try one if price was right. :wink:

Jackinkc
03-23-2015, 07:52 AM
From what I have seen from Broil King, I certainly think it going to be an upgrade from a Brinkmann.

It's been a long time since there has been a decent vertical charcoal smoker in this price range.