PDA

View Full Version : An Idea for a Dish

BrianBinOR
09-27-2006, 09:18 PM
I found this forum through an entry on the blog Men in Aprons about Fatties (http://www.meninaprons.net/archives/000532.html). I was wondering if anyone had ever tried the same thing with Spam, and if so, what the outcome was? I would expect it would be a great Hawaiian-inspired dish. If no one HAS tried it, I think I will.

Anyone?

Solidkick
09-27-2006, 09:22 PM
Oh yea...we've been the SPAM route as well, I think Big Al in Colorado got that trend started. Do a search under SPAM here in the forum and I believe it will pop back at you several hundreds of times.

BrianBinOR
09-27-2006, 09:25 PM
Cool. Great minds think alike. On the other hand, fools seldom differ, so your mileage may vary.

Ron_L
09-28-2006, 02:48 AM
Through many hours of empirical research, we hit upon the most appropriate method of cooking SPAM...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/albums/album37/IMG_0756.jpg

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/albums/album37/IMG_0757.jpg

The next day it can be used for charcoal...

:-D

Arlin_MacRae
09-28-2006, 09:29 AM
LMAO, Ron!!!!

jt
09-28-2006, 09:32 AM
What is sad is someone actually took a bite of that after it was "done" :eek:

jt
09-28-2006, 09:34 AM
Oh, and here is the proper way to open a can of Spam (http://www.bbq-brethren.com/modules.php?set_albumName=MOFO-Bash&id=spamsplit&op=modload&file=index&name=gallery&include=view_photo.php)...

Bill-Chicago
09-28-2006, 09:40 AM
Brian
Big Al isn;t around much, but I believe he preferred grilling to smoking Spam.

My recipe involves a shovel, and a hole in the yard :)

BrianBinOR
09-28-2006, 11:30 AM
LMAO

grilling spam reminds me too much of the fried bologna I had as a kid when we didn't have $ for bacon.

JimT
09-28-2006, 06:42 PM
LMAO

grilling spam reminds me too much of the fried bologna I had as a kid when we didn't have $ for bacon.

OMG!!

You had to say that. I'd die for a fried bologna sammich right now!!! :-D

frognot
09-28-2006, 08:29 PM
Big Al isn;t around much, but I believe he preferred grilling to smoking Spam.

Colorado brisket.

BrianBinOR
09-28-2006, 08:33 PM
LOL

Seems more appropriate to give it a Hawaiian tag.

Hiloboy
09-28-2006, 10:56 PM
Ron, i was looking around the site and i smelled SPAM BURNING..SAVE THE SPAM.. your braking my heart my man!!! i'm haveing spam and cabbage for dinner tonight ... Lets call it HAWAIIAN GOLD.. after a great product made in Hawaii.. Kona Gold...

BrianBinOR
09-29-2006, 12:02 AM
Ron, i was looking around the site and i smelled SPAM BURNING..SAVE THE SPAM.. your braking my heart my man!!! i'm haveing spam and cabbage for dinner tonight ... Lets call it HAWAIIAN GOLD.. after a great product made in Hawaii.. Kona Gold...

Hiloboy,

I was considering making a pineapple-blackberry sauce for it and calling it "The Owyhee". I don't know if you knew this, but in the 1800's, cattle ranchers in Eastern Oregon recruited Hawaiiians because they were such great cowboys, and Owyhee County, Oregon gained it's name from the white settlers' poor attempts at pronouncing "Hawaii".

Hiloboy
09-29-2006, 12:25 PM
i did hear some thing about that. when my kid was going to school there in Idaho. i think they had a mt. range named Owyhee...i do think that pineapple-blackberry with some mango sauce over baked SPAM with rice.. would be killers!!!!

Bill-Chicago
09-29-2006, 12:36 PM
...i do think that pineapple-blackberry with some mango sauce over baked SPAM with rice.. would be killers!!!!

I agree, and would probably drop dead if I tried this.

BrianBinOR
09-29-2006, 03:55 PM
Yeah, is Owyhee, Idaho, not Oregon. I screwed up. The place name in Oregon is the town of Aloha (pronounced uh-LO-uh here). I've lived both places (OR and ID), so sometimes I get confused.

Hiloboy
09-29-2006, 10:04 PM
come on Bill you know you like that Spam.. you just don't want anyone to know..i won't tell no one!!!!

brdbbq
09-30-2006, 03:12 PM
i did hear some thing about that. when my kid was going to school there in Idaho. i think they had a mt. range named Owyhee...i do think that pineapple-blackberry with some mango sauce over baked SPAM with rice.. would be killers!!!!

Three boxes of rice here and a can of spam. Where do I ship it ? Not to mention a bunch of other chit I don't need.