PDA

View Full Version : Neil's nuts were a hit.

KC Transplant
03-16-2015, 11:09 AM
I had to do a data center cutover last weekend and we don't get much time to eat. So I thought I'd throw a batch of Neil's nuts on the mini. I added about a half cup of honey and brown sugar to the recipe because I thought it make for a good sweet heat. And some good raisins to make it a little more of a complete meal. The guys went nuts over them. Three pounds barely made it. The guys from where we were working kept coming in and grabbing a handful. As I was packing up to leave last night they all came running to get another handful before I left. A couple guys asked me to do a bunch for them to take on hiking trips.

gtr
03-16-2015, 11:49 AM
Yeah people go goofy on those things. I bring them to work from time to time and I feel like the dopeman around a bunch of junkies.

Wampus
03-16-2015, 12:02 PM
There ya go.

Set the hook and watch em come back for more!

gtr
03-16-2015, 12:04 PM
"first one's free..." :twisted:

LYU370
03-16-2015, 03:22 PM
Keep forgetting about these. Need to try a batch soon. By adding the honey & brown sugar, did Neil's nuts become sweet & sticky? :twitch:

KC Transplant
03-17-2015, 10:41 PM
They were sweet and sticky. I had some in with my lunch today and got mugged when I pulled out the bag. We had a new guy helping us today and he didn't want to try them. We broke him finally. He couldn't handle anymore comments like, eat his nuts, just put them in your mouth, don't lie you know you want them. Poor kid. I'll have to bring nuts just to get him to work with us again. A barely got any. The guys were telling everyone to try them.

Brew-Bq
03-17-2015, 11:49 PM
I gotta make some for work, the guys love good grub and good opportunities for dick jokes.:-D

BobBrisket
03-17-2015, 11:52 PM
I gotta make some for work, the guys love good grub and good opportunities for dick jokes.:-D

In that case, you may want to grill up some long sausages!:becky: