PDA

View Full Version : Chokoloskee Florida

Yakfishingfool
09-26-2006, 01:22 PM
Anybody in that neck fo the woods. headed there for some kayak fishing in the middle of November. Thought maybe we could work something out for a meal :) Scott

The_Kapn
09-26-2006, 01:56 PM
Anybody in that neck fo the woods. headed there for some kayak fishing in the middle of November. Thought maybe we could work something out for a meal :) Scott

Had to look that one up!
Talk about the Farkin' middle of nothing :lol:

Do you need a visa on your passport?

Have fun and good luck!

TIM

chad
09-26-2006, 03:28 PM
Dude, that's below the Tamiami Trail and Alligator Alley...there ain't **** down there except fish camps, gators, mosquitos, gators, hell, you might even find a salt water caimen around those parts!!:-D

Not that there's anything wrong with any of that -- basically, you're in the glades.

Yakfishingfool
09-26-2006, 09:02 PM
I was there about two years ago. fishing. we were in 12 foot yaks and had a solid 13-14 foot gator sneak right up behind me. Very cool. No snakes, but had lots of gators and sharks. went out into the gulf to try our hand at some wreck fishing and had 2-400 pound eagle rays jumping clear of the water right next to us. Very exciting indeed.

So my chances of scoring some Q are slim eh????

chad
09-27-2006, 07:37 AM
I was there about two years ago. fishing. we were in 12 foot yaks and had a solid 13-14 foot gator sneak right up behind me. Very cool. No snakes, but had lots of gators and sharks. went out into the gulf to try our hand at some wreck fishing and had 2-400 pound eagle rays jumping clear of the water right next to us. Very exciting indeed.

Only if you do it yourself!!:-D

Are you driving down or flying in and doing the charter thing? If you are coming into Tampa or Orlando we can probably list out a few places...same if you're driving - we can probably come up with a few side trips for sustenance.:-D

The_Kapn
09-27-2006, 07:45 AM

Que is readily available.
Leave the fish camp into the gulf a bit.
Turn right and paddle your YAK about 41 miles NW to Naples. :lol:

I guess ya "just really gotta want it" :lol:

Have fun anyway--sounds like a great place for bonding with nature.

TIM

Yakfishingfool
09-27-2006, 08:18 AM
Actually flying into Ft lauderdale. we are going ot have a minivan to our use and are more than able to travel. Charlotte harbor is about 90 minutes norht as I recall. Any recommendations for hte naples area I would consider or fort meyers....let's hear 'em. Scott

41 miles is going to take me all day

RichardF
10-10-2006, 09:40 AM
If you take the Tamiami Trail/SW 8th St, locally known as Calle Ocho (HWY 41/90) instead of 75, you need to stop at The Pit. It's on the Miami side of the Trail just before Krome Ave. I've been going there on and off for just over 25 years, and it's pretty darn good.

Lat. 25°45'39.25"N Lon. 80°27'30.45"W

This place made my Bigmista list: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=296981&postcount=35

Great fishing in that area. It's been a long time, but I spent a lot of time in the 10,000 Islands and the Fakahatchee Strand.

Remember - If the grouper is square, throw it back; it's not worth the trouble.