PDA

View Full Version : BBQ Fantasy!

mrboy
03-04-2015, 06:48 PM
Do you have a BBQ fantasy about opening your own joint?

I know I do, but the wife is to practical. If most of us weren't married to practical spouses, we'd be broke and homeless.

I'll never do it, but here's my plan...

"Buy the Bone", that's the name of my place. I'd literally sell ribs by the bone, with a big flashing neon sign and a comfortable rustic dining area.

I'd have a food truck roaming around town selling ribs - 'Buy the Bone' too.

There'd be brisket, pulled pork and mouth watering chicken. Great slaw and cornbread recipes, and the best beans you ever had. There'd be a great sauce that leaned toward South Carolina.

Well that's my BBQ fantasy. How bout your place?

Pyle's BBQ
03-04-2015, 06:56 PM
Saddles BBQ Bistro (http://saddlesbbq.com/Home_Page.html)

mchar69
03-04-2015, 07:12 PM
"Buy the Bone", that's the name of my place. I'd literally sell ribs by the bone, with a big flashing neon sign and a comfortable rustic dining area.Surely you have read on this very website that ribs and brisket are not money makers!
I breathed a sigh when you brought up chicken and pork..
I wish you luck, and I'd love to do it, too!
A lot of work. x 2.

Pyle's BBQ
03-04-2015, 07:27 PM
Surely you have read on this very website that ribs and brisket are not money makers!
I breathed a sigh when you brought up chicken and pork..
I wish you luck, and I'd love to do it, too!
A lot of work. x 2.

That is the understatement of the day.

mrboy
03-04-2015, 07:32 PM
lucky for me, my wife won't have it.

She has the ultimate hammer... It would cut into my golf!

Joe Black
03-04-2015, 07:47 PM
Sounds like a great idea. Especially with our SC sauce. I just need to ask 1 question. Where did you get that picture of my girlfriend?

rev0jace
03-04-2015, 08:13 PM
Brew q and spice

Beer, bbq and burgers what else could you need?

VanBo BBQ
03-04-2015, 08:40 PM
Pulled pork and chicken seem to be big sellers in our area with ribs a close third but starting to get more popular. I need to open a place and show em' how it's done! I don't think Chris Lilly has it down yet! :-D

Wickedcajun
03-05-2015, 07:40 AM
Sounds like a lot of work... Im too lazy for the restaurant business, i like to sleep

BurntOffering
03-05-2015, 10:55 AM
Agree,
I would if I could,
but I can't cause I'm lazy.

Harbormaster
03-05-2015, 12:45 PM
I have this fantasy. And that's all it is 'cuz it won't ever happen.

I would build my joint just a couple of miles NE of my house at the corner of Schwantz Rd and East Bush Rd. It would be called "Pole Shed BBQ" and our slogan would be "Where Schwantz meets Bush".

There wouldn't be any menus. The only thing we would serve is what got cooked for that day. Might be brisket, might be pulled pork, might be chicken or a combination. You just never know. We would have some staple sides, like ranch style pintos and mac & cheese, cole slaw, maybe collard greens. Iced tea and milk. Maybe soda. We would serve until we ran out of food.

I know. Weird concept, but it is just a fantasy.

tasterner
03-05-2015, 12:54 PM
I think a lot of us have had dreams of selling our creations to the masses, but like others, it's probably wise to just keep it a dream:biggrin1:

Saddles BBQ Bistro (http://saddlesbbq.com/Home_Page.html)

Is this the same Madrid where 4 Wild Hogs took on an army of 50 Del Fuegos?:laugh:

THoey1963
03-05-2015, 12:59 PM
I have this fantasy. And that's all it is 'cuz it won't ever happen.

I would build my joint just a couple of miles NE of my house at the corner of Schwantz Rd and East Bush Rd. It would be called "Pole Shed BBQ" and our slogan would be "Where Schwantz meets Bush".

There wouldn't be any menus. The only thing we would serve is what got cooked for that day. Might be brisket, might be pulled pork, might be chicken or a combination. You just never know. We would have some staple sides, like ranch style pintos and mac & cheese, cole slaw, maybe collard greens. Iced tea and milk. Maybe soda. We would serve until we ran out of food.

I know. Weird concept, but it is just a fantasy.

I actually like the concept IF the menu rotated but stayed consistent. Pulled Pork on Monday's, Chicken on Tuesday's, etc. That way your clientele could plan accordingly...

But hey, it's your fantasy... :heh:

16Adams
03-05-2015, 02:16 PM
Debbie Does "Q"

Hey- we're talking fantasy --right??

landarc
03-05-2015, 02:33 PM
I am far too lazy.

I actually did a business plan for a hot dog stand. But, couldn't bring myself to quit landscape architecture. Then I did a plan for a shop called Pie & Coffee, a concept that got stolen from me, then run into the ground.

Sausage Warrior
03-05-2015, 02:38 PM
I can see myself in a Vivid Entertainment Movie staring as the Sausage Warrior does Texas along with my medically enhanced female co-stars. :icon_blush:

SlowSmoked
03-05-2015, 06:24 PM
[QUOTE=tasterner;3182614]I think a lot of us have had dreams of selling our creations to the masses, but like others, it's probably wise to just keep it a dream:biggrin1:

Why would it just stay a dream?

Opening my catering biz this summer (still seceding on the cooker - leaning towards Yoder Kingman).... Restaurant start up in a couple of years (as soon as I save the cash for an Oyler Pit).

My wife is actually pushing me along faster than I'd like :razz:

tasterner
03-05-2015, 06:36 PM
[QUOTE=tasterner;3182614]I think a lot of us have had dreams of selling our creations to the masses, but like others, it's probably wise to just keep it a dream:biggrin1:

Opening my catering biz this summer (still seceding on the cooker - leaning towards Yoder Kingman).... Restaurant start up in a couple of years (as soon as I save the cash for an Oyler Pit).

I didn't word that right, sorry...I meant for me it should stay a dream...I already have to many bills and not enough time lol!

I certainly wish I could try it....and maybe someday I will...who knows?

Best of luck though to all of you who have or are going to be doing it...I will live vicariously through you!

jbounds286
03-06-2015, 12:16 AM

yikes....those oyler pits are $$$...the local place here has one...$25,000 msrp...OUCH

SlowSmoked
03-06-2015, 01:12 AM
[quote=SlowSmoked;3182856]

yikes....those oyler pits are $$$...the local place here has one...$25,000 msrp...OUCH

Yep they aren't cheap :) worth it though!

Gore
03-06-2015, 06:41 AM
My fantasy is that it would be found BBQ ribs are the ultimate health food.