PDA

View Full Version : Low fat diet help

Big George's BBQ
02-14-2015, 08:12 AM
This is not Q so if it needs to be moved please move it
I am having some serious gallbladder problems Eating foods with fats is causing intense abdominal pain that last for hours I am looking for some low fat recipes- I have never had to do these before
I will say I am pretty good with brisket, pulled pork and ribs :biggrin1: Thanks in advance

silverfinger
02-14-2015, 08:18 AM
Sorry to hear this George. Does this mean cutting out all meats?

I'm guessing chicken Brest would be a good start.

Big George's BBQ
02-14-2015, 09:01 AM
Skinless chicken breast and lean meats I can have fish My favorite is salmon but that is pretty fatty

Ron_L
02-14-2015, 09:05 AM
Check out www.prevention.com George. They have lots of recipes to fit almost any diet restrictions.

DUBBAGA
02-14-2015, 09:23 AM
Ever considered Buffalo/Bison? Much lower in fat that beef and pork, and tastes great

bathmatt
02-14-2015, 09:36 AM
I get grass fed beef from a local producer, it is very lean. Also, pork tenderloin is a very lean meat. That being said, not great for smoking, low and slow needs connective tissue and that comes w/ fat...

Danny B
02-14-2015, 10:19 AM
Publix has skinless bone in chicken breasts from time to time which can be somewhat low and slow. Also pork loin is lean and can be smoked low and slow. Grilled options would be shrimp and any white fish such as grouper.

Google "healthy grilling" and there are many recipes.

pgn
02-14-2015, 01:06 PM
sorry to hear about your problem I also had gut and stomach problems for months lost 55 lb that I did not need to lose 3 weeks ago I started taking culturelle ( probiotic ) pain was gone in 5 hr talked with the doc he said you can take all u need I feel like a million dollars eat anything I want I will take them forever good luck.

eggzlot
02-14-2015, 01:41 PM
Try ground turkey meat. I use it to make fatties and stuff with sauted veggies. Can also use turkey meat to stuff peppers, make burgers etc

mrbill
02-14-2015, 04:25 PM
Try ground turkey meat. I use it to make fatties and stuff with sauted veggies. Can also use turkey meat to stuff peppers, make burgers etc

I've been using ground turkey in place of ground beef for years. in addition to being healthier, it's usually cheaper too.

Bludawg
02-14-2015, 06:21 PM
Fat is flavor so if it tastes good spit it out.:-P I hear there is this stuff called Fruits & Vegies that is supposed to be low fat. Air popped popcorn sans butter, Chicken without the skin cook it with the skin and give the dog a treat, Beer, Whisky, Gin, Scotch. http://lowfatcooking.about.com/

AClarke44
02-14-2015, 06:29 PM
I've been using ground turkey in place of ground beef for years. in addition to being healthier, it's usually cheaper too.

Ground chicken is healthy too. I use ground Turkey and chicken, but I think the chicken is slightly better tasting in my opinion. We use it in pretty much anything you use ground beef for (Chili, spaghetti, tacos, even burgers!) .

I also grill chicken breasts and use them for salads, sandwiches, tacos, and even just by them selves sometimes when I wanna eat healthier. Love the grilled flavor and if you want a hint of smoke, use some chips. They burn up fast but will still impart some slight smoke flavor to the meat.....

Grabnabber
02-14-2015, 06:31 PM
Just grill those chicken breasts to 160* (let them carry over to 165*) and put them on a salad you like. Get your grill good and hot before you put them on. Spray with grapeseed oil, then season then grill them.

Mo-Dave
02-14-2015, 06:40 PM
George if you can find a source of wild game, rabbit, deer, turkey qual, squirrel, not only will you be eating great, but as healthy as possible if eating meats. Plenty of very good recipes and many more game meats to choose from.
Dave

Mo-Dave
02-14-2015, 06:44 PM
If I only had skinless chicken breast to eat I would never eat ckicken again, goes for ground ckicken, and turkey.
Dave

Smoke Dawg
02-14-2015, 07:07 PM
MSD had that and eventually had hers removed.

I had to spice my own food for awhile seperate from hers.

Good luck George!

fingerlickin'
02-15-2015, 01:38 AM
Grilled chicken breasts, pork loin/tenderloin, that's the ticket. Utilize your spice cabinet and brines/marinades. Try to only eat beef or fatty pork like ribs once a week. Should help. I lost 65 lbs on that plan.

Wraps, chili, taco's, salad. Lot's of options out there.