PDA

View Full Version : MABBQA East Coast BBQ Expo - April 2007

MilitantSquatter
09-16-2006, 09:05 PM
I noticed this on the Mid Atlantic BBQ Association website when trying to see if there were any 2007 contest dates scheduled yet...

Looks like it could be a fun day or overnight trip.....

http://www.mabbqa.com/expo.html
Wednesday through Sunday
April 18 - 22, 2007
Lancaster Host Resort
Route 30, Lancaster, PA

The Highlights:

There will be space for indoor and outdoor exhibitors so BBQ related companies can demonstrate their products. Companies are encouraged to hold small scale demonstrations or lectures to promote their products.

Seminars and classes will be begin in the afternoon of Thursday, April 19th.

There will be a special rate of $99.00 per night to stay at the hotel.

Thurday & Friday will be for networking, attending seminars, eating, and socializing with other BBQ-ers. Saturday, the exhibits will be open to the public.

Vendor/Exhibitor applications with booth-space rates will be mailed out soon. Attendee registration applications will be mailed in January.

The Details:

Mid Atlantic BBQ Association sponsoring the first-ever east coast BBQ convention and trade show.
Scheduled for April 18-22, 2007 at the large Expo Hall at the Lancaster Host Resort & Conference Center on Route 30.
We expect 50 - 75 vendors & exhibitors for the indoor hall.
Indoor vendors/exhibitors may use small cooking devices such as microwaves, crockpots, and fry pans to cook hand-out samples.
We have space for 18 - 23 exhibitors in the outside area. These will be reserved for BBQ related companies that would like to demonstrate their products by way of handing out samples, selling pre-packaged sauces, rubs, etc. and/or selling equipment such as grills, smokers, and full sized rigs and concession trailers. (These exhibitors will not be allowed to sell cooked products such as sandwiches or rib sections, etc.). Companies that would like to hold small scale demonstrations, lectures, etc. are encouraged to do so to promote their products.
Wednesday the 18th from noon to 9 pm will be the set-up time. Expo seminars/classes will commence Thursday the 19th around 1 pm. We are holding open the time period from 8 am - 11 a.m. on Thursday for late arriving exhibitors to set up. This will be done only by special arrangement with the MABA Board since we wish to get everything organized and ready to start the program around noon on Thursday.
We have blocked off rooms with the Host at a special rate of $99.00 per night.
There will also be free time for exhibitors/vendors and attendees to tour Lancaster County.
Inside vendors/exhibitors are encouraged to design unique and elaborate booths to show-off their products and services. Anything remotely related to barbeque and outdoor cooking is welcome. Vending of sauces, rubs, grills, smokers, large scale rigs, various items of equipment (charcoal, cookware, restaurant supplies) is encouraged. Large pieces of equipment are permitted in the Expo Hall.
Exhibitors/vendors may contract for more than one 10 x 10 booth space.
Thursday & Friday will be devoted to networking, seminars, lunches, dinners, guest speakers, and socializing among fellow bbq-ers. Saturday, the exhibits will be open to the public from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and the selling of BBQ related products is encouraged. Lots of national and local area coverage advertising will be done beforehand.
Vendor/exhibitor applications with booth-space rates will be mailed out within the next month or so. Attendee registration applications will be mailed in January.

WannaBeBBQueen
09-21-2006, 08:50 AM
I'm interested, I love to do stuff like this, never enough trade shows open to he public.

Sawdustguy
09-21-2006, 12:30 PM
We may go next year....

JohnMcD348
09-21-2006, 08:21 PM
Well, the wife has been wanting me to go up that way and see her sie of the family that hasn't made their way down south. She grew up just north of there in Hazelton, PA. I might just have to take a week off and go "visit the folks"

nancee
04-09-2008, 06:54 PM
If so, what is your plan?
thanks
nancee

I'm interested, I love to do stuff like this, never enough trade shows open to he public.

smokinit
04-09-2008, 07:08 PM
I'll be there and the checkbook is in danger. If it is there next year I will have a Backwoods booth I just couldn't get it together for this year.

nancee
04-09-2008, 07:32 PM
I look forward to finally meeting you if I actually get there
Wtat is a tailgater btw?
nancee
I'll be there and the checkbook is in danger. If it is there next year I will have a Backwoods booth I just couldn't get it together for this year.