PDA

View Full Version : Every Heard of this Mfg?????

Sausage Warrior
02-03-2015, 03:49 PM
I visited this manufacture several years ago (a couple hour drive for me and a buddy that came along). I called the owner to let him know I was coming. He seem aloof.

http://www.sybbq.com/

One would think that the owner would be personable to a prospective buyer. He was as rude as anyone I ever met. They offered what appeared to be extremely well built large capacity smokers with rotisserie. Additionally, at that time they built a concession trailer with the smoker for about $40K. The trailer didn't meet HD requirements in my area but I considered building my own and buying his smoker. It was an impressive smoker - a giant offset with foot switch controlled rotisserie. You couldn't do a whole hog due to the number of shelves but you could probably cook two of them butchered!

There was a very excited customer that came up from Florida that day to pick up his BBQ concession trailer. He told me that he got the same treatment from the Owner - just a rude SOB but he was selling a lot of pits.

It looks like they are still around and but don't see the concession trailer any longer (that I didn't like anyway). :confused:

Is anyone familiar with these smokers?

SteveKing
02-03-2015, 03:51 PM
Nope, I haven't. Link is bad, need to remove the "index.htm" part to get there

jakel
02-03-2015, 03:54 PM
404 error on your link....but if he's that rude I'd look elsewhere ...but that's just me.

Sausage Warrior
02-03-2015, 03:56 PM
link fixed

Ol'Joe
02-03-2015, 05:59 PM
Looks like a huge, high dollar ribolater to me, and if they're snooty, seek elsewhere, too many good people out there to put up with a rude one....IMO

Ron_L
02-03-2015, 06:47 PM
So this was a several years ago?

Pitbull
02-03-2015, 06:50 PM
Yeah, I know them. I was talking to them a few years ago about their BBQ trailer cabins, but never bought one. I don't think they make them anymore. They seemed ok to, but for some reason I think now they might be having some financial troubles..

They build a pretty good smoker, but rotisserie smokers tend to break down, then you lose your meat, or at least screws it up some.

Cajun Ty
02-03-2015, 07:08 PM
You're better than me cause I would've told him to shove his smoker up his rude arse :becky:. Last year i was looking at kamado grills and went to a place in Lafayette that sold Green Eggs, the salesman treated me and my wife like we were not good enough to even be in there and asked what yall dreaming. Well that was the wrong thing to say to me :mmph: i walked up to him and said if i wanted to i could buy any piece of crap in this store but I wouldn't spend a cent, then said come on baby lets go get the Primo XL and all the other equipment from better people :becky:

landarc
02-03-2015, 09:45 PM
You're better than me cause I would've told him to shove his smoker up his rude arse :becky:. Last year i was looking at kamado grills and went to a place in Lafayette that sold Green Eggs, the salesman treated me and my wife like we were not good enough to even be in there and asked what yall dreaming. Well that was the wrong thing to say to me :mmph: i walked up to him and said if i wanted to i could buy any piece of crap in this store but I wouldn't spend a cent, then said come on baby lets go get the Primo XL and all the other equipment from better people :becky:
Mebbe you shoulda wored yer shoes that day :becky:

I have seen one of these smoker, they are nice.

LYU370
02-03-2015, 09:56 PM
i walked up to him and said if i wanted to i could buy any piece of crap in this store but I wouldn't spend a cent, then said come on baby lets go get the Primo XL and all the other equipment from better people :becky:

Hope you went back and showed the owner the receipt from the other place.

Sausage Warrior
02-03-2015, 10:14 PM

Yes indeed!!! I was disgusted with this clown and as you can see, haven't made any purchase from them.

The rotisserie action was interesting but, yes, another part that could break or have to deal with electric. Of course if you were doing a concession trailer that would mean electric for that anyway. I've not seen other smokers with this function however. It was a good detail as I can see some good self basting going on - who wouldn't want some pork drippings on their chicken?

No matter what, I wouldn't buy from anybody rude and arrogant.

mikemci
02-03-2015, 11:09 PM
Yes indeed!!! I was disgusted with this clown and as you can see, haven't made any purchase from them.

The rotisserie action was interesting but, yes, another part that could break or have to deal with electric. Of course if you were doing a concession trailer that would mean electric for that anyway. I've not seen other smokers with this function however. It was a good detail as I can see some good self basting going on - who wouldn't want some pork drippings on their chicken?

No matter what, I wouldn't buy from anybody rude and arrogant.

And you KNOW how you would be treated if you came back with a problem!:wacko:

Rookie'48
02-03-2015, 11:22 PM
With so many different manufacturers and/or dealers to choose from, I'd think that pissing off a potential customer wouldn't be very smart.

A standard saying in business is that if you make ten customers very happy only one will go out and brag you up. If you make ten customers kind of mad then nine will bad mouth you from here to hell and back.

Cajun Ty
02-04-2015, 11:38 AM
Mebbe you shoulda wored yer shoes that day :becky:

I have seen one of these smoker, they are nice.

:laugh::laugh: i know I should've wore my Sunday best :becky:

Cajun Ty
02-04-2015, 11:40 AM
Hope you went back and showed the owner the receipt from the other place.

You just gave me a idea, I'm going to send them a pic of my outdoor kitchen :becky:

swamprb
02-05-2015, 06:58 AM
Smokeys BBQ in Cle Elem, WA has one he bought used a few years ago. His has the dual doors and rotisserie. Fire box in the rear and runs the length of the cook chamber.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/swamprb/BSC%201-2012/BSC%203-2012/IMG_4932.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/swamprb/BSC%201-2012/BSC%203-2012/IMG_4912.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/swamprb/BSC%201-2012/BSC%203-2012/IMG_4913.jpg

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/swamprb/BSC%201-2012/BSC%203-2012/IMG_4922.jpg

I cooked on it with him and I was impressed at how fast it came up to temp and how little fuel it used to maintain 250*. It holds a lot of meat.

If I'm not mistaken, QN4U's pit was a modified Southern Yankee.

Displaced Texan
02-05-2015, 08:39 AM
I like the look on the outside, but would love some pictures of the inside and multiple angles. There are also no prices listed. I guess if you have to ask, you can't afford it.