PDA

View Full Version : Super FAIL (You're welcome for no pics)

Dadeo719
02-01-2015, 08:19 PM
So I know there is a game going on but I wanted to advise you guys if you ever have the notion to put gizzards on the smoker.......don't. Just no. Furthermore, DO NOT then attempt in an effort to try and make them better proceed to fry those little springy pieces of the Devil's neither regions. Just, just don't. Have a great remainder of the second half.

Ron_L
02-01-2015, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the warning :thumb:

smoke ninja
02-01-2015, 08:27 PM
Well no pics then it didn't happen

Dadeo719
02-01-2015, 08:38 PM
Oh it happened. If taking a bite of a burnt piece of wood from the campfire, and having that said piece of wood be like chewing a Super Bouncy Ball then yes, it was quite lovely

SteveKing
02-01-2015, 08:41 PM
"You're"

You're welcome. :boxing:

02-01-2015, 08:47 PM
Those are one of the few things that should be boiled or braised before Q-ing. Preferably in a pressure cooker.

Fried bouncy balls sounds awesome lol.

Dadeo719
02-01-2015, 08:48 PM
"You're"

I would say it was because of drinks but then I would be lieing....:twitch:

Titch
02-01-2015, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the heads up
mind you I could see me chewing on a used jock Strap before Gizzards

Rusty Kettle
02-01-2015, 08:56 PM
Well if it makes you feel better we all have had failures. My worst was the leg of lamb incident. It was a weber book recipe. I put all sorts of work into making it and was cooking it on the kettle grill. It smelled good but hey I got distracted by the wife and the fire went out. I was so mad and worked up about screwing up. That's not the worst part... Worst part is my blind rage caused me to attempt to eat and then proceed to throw it in the microwave yeah I really tried to eat it again. Then proceed to slam it into the trash can. I was embarrassed as it was on my dating anniversary with my wife. It also created the rule my wife is not allowed to distract me while cooking. One of these days I may try it again but it's already been just under three years. I am so scarred from that incident I have never touched lamb since. Not only was I scarred my wife made fun of me for it and told our friends who have dubbed June 15 Leg of Lamb Day. I am not kidding my one friend has sent me a text message ever since wishing me a Happy Leg of Lamb day! So no matter how bad you fail it's probably not going to be turned into multiple years of getting made fun of. Just don't microwave it no matter what you do don't ever microwave it.

Dadeo719
02-01-2015, 09:01 PM
Just don't microwave it no matter what you do don't ever microwave it.

Dang it, I should have thought of zapping them for the trifecta!! LOL

SmittyJonz
02-01-2015, 09:13 PM
:shock: Why? :der:

landarc
02-01-2015, 09:20 PM
Dang it, I should have thought of zapping them for the trifecta!! LOL
When will people learn, when all else fails, microwave :clap2:

BobBrisket
02-01-2015, 09:32 PM
"You're"

Huh? He's good. :grin:

bstomper
02-01-2015, 09:32 PM
Way too funny Dadeo. This thread just made my day. Funny funny funny

landarc
02-01-2015, 09:53 PM
Did you foil them? You probably forgot to try that too

retired trucker
02-01-2015, 10:30 PM
Hey now! Chicken gizzards are a southern delicacy! It is blasphemous to destroy them by overcooking. You should have just battered them and chicken fried them until tender. After all, they were from a chicken were they not? I know this is a BBQ forum, but not everything should be smoked or BBQ'd. You wouldn't smoke or BBQ a big bowl of good ole Blue Bell ice cream would you? :decision: :drama:

Omar

Rusty Kettle
02-02-2015, 02:54 AM
Everything can be smoked and made into bbq. I will find a way to bbq everything.
http://bbq.about.com/od/miscellaneousrecipes/r/bln0213a.htm
http://m.instructables.com/id/Grilled-Ice-Cream/
http://www.lifestylemirror.com/life/food-drink/best-bbq-recipes-smoked-bone-ice-cream-brookville-restaurant/

Just some bbq ice cream recipes. Just a quick google search. I am going to try these.

revkab
02-02-2015, 06:25 PM
Well if it makes you feel better we all have had failures. My worst was the leg of lamb incident. It was a weber book recipe. I put all sorts of work into making it and was cooking it on the kettle grill. It smelled good but hey I got distracted by the wife and the fire went out. I was so mad and worked up about screwing up. That's not the worst part... Worst part is my blind rage caused me to attempt to eat and then proceed to throw it in the microwave yeah I really tried to eat it again. Then proceed to slam it into the trash can. I was embarrassed as it was on my dating anniversary with my wife. It also created the rule my wife is not allowed to distract me while cooking. One of these days I may try it again but it's already been just under three years. I am so scarred from that incident I have never touched lamb since. Not only was I scarred my wife made fun of me for it and told our friends who have dubbed June 15 Leg of Lamb Day. I am not kidding my one friend has sent me a text message ever since wishing me a Happy Leg of Lamb day! So no matter how bad you fail it's probably not going to be turned into multiple years of getting made fun of. Just don't microwave it no matter what you do don't ever microwave it.

What was she doing that you were so distracted from your number one priority - the cook? And what was she wearing?

TXLX
02-02-2015, 08:30 PM
I thought you were supposed to put those in the trash. That's why they come sealed in a bag, no?

Dadeo719
02-02-2015, 09:19 PM
Trucker, no disrespect intended. I love me some fried gizzards with some Frank's. Just a spur of the moment thing just to see if it would be a home run. It was not.

Rusty, I wish my my wife would distract me more often.......

Oakswamper
02-02-2015, 09:47 PM
I put enough water in a hotel pan to cover gizzards with salt, pepper, onion powder and bacon grease. Spread gizzards out and put em in the smoker (I use cherry) at 250 until tender.

Drain them and roll in flower and fry til crisp. They pick up a nice smoke flavor

Yes we were drinking when I came up with this, but they were a hit lol