PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Plans!

1000OaksSmoker
01-21-2015, 06:17 PM
Folks,
I know I may be a week early, but I'm sure most of you are already thinking about the Big Game!
What are you're cook plans for game?
GS

wayne77
01-21-2015, 06:23 PM
Abt's and Moinks for sure. The rest is still up in the air.

Hoss
01-21-2015, 08:01 PM
No idea! Glad you posted this,maybe I will get some awesome ideas from the responses.I am burned out on all the usuals. :cry:

bbqwilly
01-21-2015, 08:06 PM
Smoked wings and a cream cheese sausage dip for sure.

1000OaksSmoker
01-21-2015, 08:11 PM
All I've got planned so far is twice cooked wings (smoked then fried then sauced) and probably a butt for sammies.... Probably more fried food as that's generally the only day I whip out the deep fryer.... And dip - cuz everyone likes dip....
GS

qapla
01-21-2015, 09:32 PM
Even though we do enjoy good Q .... if we do anything, it will probably be pizza.

That said, we are not all that pumped about this SB game

Bludawg
01-22-2015, 09:08 AM
MY Paln; is to not watch the Stupidbowl, I boycot all sports that use balls just a bunch of overpaid losers begging for attention at your expense. On the food side I'm thinking BEERSSSsss and Pulled Pork enchiladas, refried BBQ beans and a few ABT's.

Carolina OutlawZ
01-22-2015, 09:14 AM
I have a few people to cook for: 16lb Brisket, 20lbs Pulled Pork, Beans

Myself I'm thinking some wings, adult beverages, pulled pork, and some DEFLATED Armadillo Eggs! Hey its the new fad for championship games......... :mrgreen:

eddieh70301
01-22-2015, 09:17 AM
Nothing- not a fan or either team. probably not even watching it.

STLBBQer
01-22-2015, 09:20 AM
Four words: Brisket Chili Cheese Dip

el_matt
01-22-2015, 09:38 AM
Four words: Brisket Chili Cheese Dip

That sounds amazing. What is your recipe?

Matt

STLBBQer
01-22-2015, 09:48 AM
That sounds amazing. What is your recipe?

Matt

It's SIMPLE and delicious.

-Smoked brisket, anyway you like it (I have a friend who does smoked chuck roast also with good results). Chopped to your liking.

-1 small can diced tomatoes, Ro-tel if you want spicier. DRAIN water from can.

-1-2 jars queso or nacho cheese dip

-1 can hormel or chili man chili without meat, just beans

-shredded cheese (your choice, I like cheddar jack). I start with 1/2 cup then add as needed to thicken.

I put them all in a crock pot on low for an hour or so, then warm. Serve with tortilla chips. Some people mix in a little corn starch to thicken, but I've never really needed it. I just add more shredded cheese.

It's been a crowd pleaser.

jafo28
01-22-2015, 09:51 AM
My sister in-law and I are doing a chili cook off. I'm planning on smoking a chuck roast the day before, and use that instead of ground beef. I might do some ribs, and a pizza fatty also.

HossIsBoss
01-22-2015, 09:54 AM
I have a few people to cook for: 16lb Brisket, 20lbs Pulled Pork, Beans

Myself I'm thinking some wings, adult beverages, pulled pork, and some DEFLATED Armadillo Eggs! Hey its the new fad for championship games......... :mrgreen:
Better get a hold of Bill Bellacheat to make sure you get the calibration correct. :nod:

SD_Smoker
01-22-2015, 11:04 AM
I've been asked to do a couple briskets for a coworkers party and I might do one for myself or just some ribs. Either way, I finally got my hands on some butcher paper so I'm going to give that a shot on everything.

dadsr4
01-22-2015, 11:21 AM
Folks,
I know I may be a week early, but I'm sure most of you are already thinking about the Big Game!
What are you're cook plans for game?
GS
I plan on smoking a chicken or perhaps trying Cowgirls Chinese pork roast recipe while reading the latest Tom Clancy novel.

cb25
01-22-2015, 11:53 AM
Hate both teams, but the SB party is tradition in my house, so we will cook and eat and drink anyways!

Last year did a brisket and a couple pork butts. Will probably do the same thing, though I'm tempted to try something else and mix it up.

Oh, and most likely do some HDD wings while the big meats are resting.

Tom Sellecks Mustache
01-22-2015, 12:03 PM
I got a 4 pack of pork cushions from a buddy, so I'm planning on smoking them up with a pork butt and maybe giving chicken lollipops a shot too. Maybe some wings and mac n cheese too. With this much food and not really anyone coming by, I'm really looking forward to putting my new food saver into action!

bbqbull
01-22-2015, 12:44 PM
I am thinking of making this. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18055

Made it a couple of years ago and wife thought it was beyond awesome!!!

fireiteup
01-22-2015, 01:12 PM
having some friends over.

DEFINITELY BEERS
beer cheese stuffed chicken fingers
cheesesteak fingers
parmesan ranch buffalo wings

not smoking anything...but should get rowdy

aawa
01-22-2015, 01:31 PM
I am thinking of making this. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18055

I need to do this Rack Attack sammich sometime soon.

Ol'Joe
01-22-2015, 01:54 PM
Doing some beef ribs with tater salad.

Dwl9113
01-26-2015, 08:23 AM
having some friends over.

DEFINITELY BEERS
beer cheese stuffed chicken fingers
cheesesteak fingers
parmesan ranch buffalo wings

not smoking anything...but should get rowdy

I'm interested in these cheesesteak fingers! Any chance you would mind sharing the recipe?

silverfinger
01-26-2015, 11:16 AM

Holy crap. Thanks for pulling that up! That recipe there is a keeper!! :thumb:

Lastrajm
01-26-2015, 11:19 AM
I'll be smoking around 100 wings or so on my weber kettle. Do some fries in my turkey fryer as well, people usuly will bring different kinds of dips and stuff like that. Can't wait, usually have like 30 people or so over.

NeilH
01-26-2015, 11:31 AM
Thugs on one team, cheaters on the other. What the hell, I'll watch long as it's close. Will do my drinking and eating the night before due to having to work Monday.

code3rrt
01-26-2015, 11:38 AM
:sad:, I'll be working, but there certainly some great ideas here, from bbq bull, that rib sammie looks off the hook!

KC

bbqbull
01-26-2015, 11:39 AM
I always figured the best part of the S.Bowl game was the new commercials and the half-time show.

Displaced Texan
01-26-2015, 12:27 PM
It's looking like smoked wings and burger sliders for me. I also made some beer and bratwurst chili last night... if there is any left over I plan to make some chili-cheese dip.

fireiteup
01-26-2015, 01:11 PM
I'm interested in these cheesesteak fingers! Any chance you would mind sharing the recipe?

heck yeah!! i did two practice runs to get me ready for the big game. will quote this post and link the thread when i do, cool?

yo guys....THIS SUNDAY!!!! :laugh:

JoSal73
01-26-2015, 01:12 PM
Smoking a prime brisket I just picked up at Costco, and a 3lb naked Jimmy Dean fatty

I've never cooked a prime cut...but couldn't pass it up since it was like $4.18 a pound...not much more than I pay for choice at Restaurant Depot

fireiteup
01-26-2015, 01:12 PM
I always figured the best part of the S.Bowl game was the new commercials and the half-time show.

we always try to do a side poll on what commercial was best...as well as all rank the halftime show. i'm sure Katy Perry will at least make it easy on the eyes, if nothing else.

dadsr4
01-26-2015, 02:22 PM
Yah, but you have to wait through all that other stuff. The good stuff will appear online, anyways.

THoey1963
01-26-2015, 05:13 PM
Super Bowl Pot Luck Party at the bar. I volunteered to bring four racks of SLC ribs and some pasta salad.

Would it be too much to ask for both teams to lose?

Jason TQ
01-26-2015, 06:00 PM
I don't watch much NFL, but since I pretty much am smoking every Sunday with friends normally coming over for dinner there will be a gathering at my place :-D.

Still stuff left in my freezer so guessing rib tips, sausage, possibly a turkey, cheese dip that has brisket in it and random other stuff.

HossIsBoss
01-26-2015, 06:55 PM
Pulled pork nachos and a some ABTs.

kolky
01-26-2015, 07:45 PM
Well, if the new Battle Box happens to come in by then I may do a brisket to test it out. Otherwise its Venison Chili and some wings on the Primo.

Smoke Dawg
01-26-2015, 09:40 PM
That Rack Attack looks awesome. Going with HDD wings,Crucible wings, Chili, Clam dip, Puddin shots, and a mess of beverages.

We will be rootin for our "Thugs"

GO HAWKS!

HossIsBoss
01-27-2015, 08:02 PM
That Rack Attack looks awesome. Going with HDD wings,Crucible wings, Chili, Clam dip, Puddin shots, and a mess of beverages.

We will be rootin for our "Thugs"

GO HAWKS!
I will be rooting for the hawks too,I know allot of Broncos fans hate them because of the last SB but its not there fault that John Fox and Gase cant game plan worth a ****(Him getting fired was like Christmas for me) and the team looked lost.

1buckie
01-27-2015, 08:20 PM
If it gets all lopsided & turns into the Stupid Bowl, I plan to have some Peanut Butter & Jelly 'Turds ready to go on....in honor......:wacko:

Big George's BBQ
01-27-2015, 08:29 PM
Bull thanks for posting a link for that sammie that may be a have to try

J&B'sBBQ
01-27-2015, 09:03 PM
In the years past we've always done traditional q; pulled pork, smoked beans, smoked wings etc, but this year we plan on mixing it up a bit. We always host the super bowl, and we do a full day event at our house starting in the mid afternoon with appetizers...

Buffalo sliders w/motz cheese and an avocado/goat cheese spread
Cheese dip (a requirement of course)
Oink balls (like a moink but with pork sausage instead of g. beef)
Other various snacks

Dinner (at game start):

Grilled pork chops
smoked beans
Amish cucumber salad
grilled veggies of some concoction