PDA

View Full Version : Food probe Maverick 732

Georgiaboy98
01-10-2015, 02:17 PM
It reads way high all of the sudden. The grill probe is working fine. The last time I used it it worked fine and it has not gotten wet. Has anyone had that problem? Hoping a new probe will fix it!

pjtexas1
01-10-2015, 02:51 PM
Swap them around and see if it's the probe or the port. Could try a power cycle.

Smoking Bruin
01-10-2015, 03:25 PM
Swap them around and see if it's the probe or the port. Could try a power cycle.

I have the same thing on mine...Power cycle?

pjtexas1
01-10-2015, 03:31 PM
I have the same thing on mine...Power cycle?

Pull all the batteries, put them back in and try again.

pjtexas1
01-10-2015, 03:34 PM
I have heard that you can bake the probe in the oven to dry them out. Just not the plastic end:grin:

campdude
01-10-2015, 08:22 PM
Power cycle is a good first thing to try. I don't know if I would bake it to make sure it's dry, but moisture could be the problem. Every now and again I'll get weird readings. I have the original probes plus a set of the 6 foot wire probes. I just switch out the weird reading one and it's always been OK the next time I go to use it. I do have shrink wrap over the wire to probe connection area. It helps keep that area dry.

retired trucker
01-10-2015, 10:29 PM
It is probably wet from the moisture of the meat and the inviornment around it. Try placing in a warm ( 200* ) or less oven for an hour or two to dry it out. It does work most of the time. Just leave the plastic plug outside the oven or it will melt. ( R I P ) It may save it and not need replacing. Good luck and let us know how it turned out.

Blessings,

Omar