PDA

View Full Version : Mother-in-law's birthday party

Bigmista
09-03-2006, 10:25 PM
I ended up cooking a brisket and 8 racks of spares. Did a brown sugar-honey glaze on the ribs. Everyone seemed to like it. I was too tired to care. Here are some pics:

CarbonToe
09-04-2006, 02:57 AM
That brisket came out well, excellent smoke ring.

The bark looks lighter than the one I cooked last weekend, what did you put in your rub?

we'll smoke u
09-04-2006, 09:36 AM
Them ribs and brisket look mighty good there Bigmista.

sometimes I take a little cup honey, tablespoon mustard and tablespoon horseradish mix well and glaze the ribs. At first it don't sound good but you would be surprised .

The_Kapn
09-04-2006, 09:38 AM
As always Neil, a culinary delight!

Thanks,

TIM

Bigmista
09-04-2006, 10:11 AM
That brisket came out well, excellent smoke ring.

The bark looks lighter than the one I cooked last weekend, what did you put in your rub?

It's a new, less spicier rub that I have been working on.

brown sugar
kosher salt
garlic powder
worcestershire powder
cumin
cinnamon
allspice
black pepper

If you look closely you can see the injection in the meat also.

Sylvie
09-04-2006, 11:53 AM
Thanks for the pictures. I needed that. Brown sugar and honey on the ribs? Sounds like competition style is rubbing off on you- what no heat? Labor day with a vegetarian is no culinary treat. I've been yearning for some Q.

Norcoredneck
09-04-2006, 02:44 PM
I work in El Segudo on graveyard shift, will stop by for care pakage!:-D

Arlin_MacRae
09-04-2006, 03:47 PM
Beautiful brisket, Neil. Again. ;)

Bigmista
09-05-2006, 01:13 PM
I work in El Segudo on graveyard shift, will stop by for care pakage!:-D

I thought Norco was up North somewhere. Hell if you are in El Segundo then you need to come by for fatties one morning when I am smoking.

BBQ_MAFIA
09-05-2006, 09:03 PM
Big Mista strikes again. Outstanding Brisket

CarbonToe
09-06-2006, 02:38 AM
It's a new, less spicier rub that I have been working on.

brown sugar
kosher salt
garlic powder
worcestershire powder
cumin
cinnamon
allspice
black pepper

If you look closely you can see the injection in the meat also.

Interesting Combo of spices. Very Caribbean in style. Maybe a little dried Tyme would make a nice addition :?:

Do you use a mustard/other to help bond the rub to the brisket or just rely on the netural moistness of the brisket?

Norcoredneck
09-06-2006, 05:02 AM
Norco, north of Corona. Actually named for Lake Norconian (puddle mostly). 15N between 91 and 60 Frwys. Will have to come by for sure.

Sawdustguy
09-06-2006, 07:26 AM
Neil, everything looks wonderful. To be honest I have never seen anything that you posted that I wouldn't run after to grab a bite. Good job buddy!

jt
09-06-2006, 07:51 AM
Good lookin' grub there Neil. I'm sure everyone was pleased.

Bigmista
09-06-2006, 09:59 AM
Interesting Combo of spices. Very Caribbean in style. Maybe a little dried Tyme would make a nice addition :?:

Do you use a mustard/other to help bond the rub to the brisket or just rely on the netural moistness of the brisket?

I either use Olive Oil, Worcestershire Sauce or Whatever is leftover from my injection for moisture.