PDA

View Full Version : First UDS

brianjames78
11-18-2014, 08:56 PM
Hi all, froom northeast ohio, hoping to be a little more active on here. I just built my first UDS. Loving it!
http:// http://rs1160.pbsrc.com/albums/q483/brianjames78/Mobile%20Uploads/20141109_120840_zpsehfbhfdl.jpg~320x480

BigBobBQ
11-18-2014, 10:07 PM
Welcome to the Brethren!! There is a wealth of knowledge and experience amung the members. If you have a BBQ or cooking related obsession or hobby this is the place to be. Sit back, soak up the knowledge and jump in there and be sure to share yours as well. If you can't find or get an answer to the question here then there is probably not an answer available.

tommiegunnz
11-18-2014, 10:58 PM
Awesome, one day I will build one too!

JDM46
11-19-2014, 02:11 AM
Welcome from North Dakota.

Blythewood BBQ'er
11-19-2014, 02:19 AM
Welcome to the Brethren!

IamMadMan
11-19-2014, 05:32 AM
Welcome to the forum BrianJames, glad to have you join us and hopefully take part in the other forums.

We don't have a lot of rules here other than spam and advertising are NOT permitted, the rest is just common sense, courtesy, and mutual respect for one another. You'll soon find the Brethren are not a bunch of "know it-all's" who think their way is the only way. Even the seasoned users are open to suggestions, changes, and many will try new recipes and methods from time to time, which provide us with surprising results.

I recall my first visit to the Brethren, for months I was afraid to post and ask questions, even though I had experience under my belt. You'll find a great group of people here with a willingness to help and guide you, regardless of of how simple or how complicated you think your question may be. You'll also find that there are many ways to achieve great food, there is no single "cookie cutter" method as some have been conditioned to think. You'll just have to try a few different methods and soon you'll master the way that works best for you.

We'll be here to guide you and answer your questions as you begin your journey into smoking and BBQ. Pretty soon you'll go from asking questions to posting pictures of your progress, and we will all share in your experience as true Brethren.

We have many different forums here.... Below are just a few of them.

For discussion on BBQ/Smoking related topics, we have the "Q-Talk" Forum. This is a good starting point for all new Brethren.

For those who are interested in competing, We have a "Competition BBQ" forum.

We also have a "Catering, Food Handling and Awareness" and "Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses".

We also have a trading forum where members can trade sauces and rubs available from different areas around our country.

For general non BBQ related talk we also have "The Wood Pile" forum.

I hope to see you in the "Q-Talk" forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about a specific topic, just start a new thread in the related forum.

There are many members with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and share their knowledge to guide you in the right direction. Collectively there is a wealth of experience and knowledge among the membership, including you. Don't be afraid to jump in there and share your knowledge and your experiences as well.

bluetang
11-19-2014, 04:21 PM
Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

toymaster
11-19-2014, 06:06 PM
Welcome to The Brethren from New York

cowgirl
11-19-2014, 06:26 PM
Welcome to the Brethren! Congratulations on your new drum too!

BBQ_MAFIA
11-20-2014, 06:26 PM
Welcome from NJ!

jakel
11-21-2014, 09:37 AM
Welcome from NE OH-IO !