PDA

View Full Version : Maverick ET 735 coming in January!

ajstrider
11-05-2014, 11:42 AM
I searched and couldn't find this mentioned yet but it is in my new Firecraft catalog I just got.

You guys can read for yourselves but it has four probes of a new updated style. Bluetooth connect to your phones and tablets.

Anyways, here is a link

http://www.firecraft.com/product/maverick-et-735-bluetooth-thermometer-white/low-dollar-accessoies

peeps
11-05-2014, 11:47 AM
I like the ability to accept 4 probes, but I would still rather have a dedicated, always-on, non-BT, remote display so I can just glance at the display and see the temps.

Instead, this solution requires one to swipe to unlock, navigate to the app, tap the app, wait for it to load just to see the status of things.

Grimm5577
11-05-2014, 11:52 AM
I like the improvements, sounds like it has stepped up with it's blue tooth and device monitoring features. Things that I thought i would like after I purchased the 732. But like peeps I like being able to see the temp at just a glance which is why I generally end up using the thermometer thats on the cooker. It's always on, it's accurate, and I can generally see what temp it is from the window. No probes batteries sycing or set up.

bvbull200
11-05-2014, 12:02 PM
I like the ability to accept 4 probes, but I would still rather have a dedicated, always-on, non-BT, remote display so I can just glance at the display and see the temps.

Instead, this solution requires one to swipe to unlock, navigate to the app, tap the app, wait for it to load just to see the status of things.

If the Android app has a widget, too, then it'd eliminate the navigation part (or at least reduce it to a swipe to the screen it is located on). I do this with our network cameras and getting to the feed isn't prohibitively cumbersome when compared to looking at our always-on tablet. It was, though, when I had to actually get to and open the app. As convenient as it is to have a dedicated monitor for the temps that you can always just take a glance at, the infrequency with which I have a desire to check temps makes it less important to me. Not to say everyone is like me, though (which is a relief, I'm sure :wink:).

My real concerns would be the following:

1. Will it crap out quickly, like my ET-732?
2. What is the Bluetooth range?
3. Will it crap out quickly, like my ET-732?

MartinM
11-05-2014, 12:09 PM
I take it your 732 crapped out quickly ;)

I got impressed when my pittbull mutt stole mine because it smelled like BBQ.

Some of the LCD is screwed up but it still works.

I'm damn stoked about 4 probes for the price!

peeps
11-05-2014, 12:11 PM
If the Android app has a widget, too, then it'd eliminate the navigation part (or at least reduce it to a swipe to the screen it is located on). I do this with our network cameras and getting to the feed isn't prohibitively cumbersome when compared to looking at our always-on tablet. It was, though, when I had to actually get to and open the app. As convenient as it is to have a dedicated monitor for the temps that you can always just take a glance at, the infrequency with which I have a desire to check temps makes it less important to me. Not to say everyone is like me, though (which is a relief, I'm sure :wink:).

My real concerns would be the following:

1. Will it crap out quickly, like my ET-732?
2. What is the Bluetooth range?
3. Will it crap out quickly, like my ET-732?yeah, and an iOS widget would help also, since that is available from the lock screen with a swipe down.

I'm assuming this also eliminates the ability to use the device as an audio streamer for folks that use BT speakers with their device while cooking? I know some BT devices can connect to multiple phones at a time, but I have never seen it the other way where a phone/tablet can connect to multiple BT devices at once.

THoey1963
11-05-2014, 12:18 PM
Martin, FYI, I believe it says it comes with 2 probes. You have to buy the extra probes.

Maverick does it again! The brand new Maverick Bluetooth ET-735 breaks barriers with its technology, capability, and durability. Pair the control unit with your iPhoneŽ or AndroidŽ device and track up to four different temperatures from your phone/tablet. That's right; this unit can accept up to four probes! The two included probes are a brand new waterproof design. Unlike other probes on the market, these probes can be cleaned under running water, an industry first. The easy-to-use app features large temperature read-outs, timers, and alarms. Available to ship in January of 2015.

I am glad to see the probes are now waterproof...

bvbull200
11-05-2014, 12:36 PM
yeah, and an iOS widget would help also, since that is available from the lock screen with a swipe down.

I'm assuming this also eliminates the ability to use the device as an audio streamer for folks that use BT speakers with their device while cooking? I know some BT devices can connect to multiple phones at a time, but I have never seen it the other way where a phone/tablet can connect to multiple BT devices at once.

I can connect to my LG Tone for phone audio and the Bluetooth stereo in my cooler-radio for media sounds simultaneously :thumb::

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h10/bvbull200/2014-11-05-12-29-52_zpsaz0ob7nn.png

I assume this means I could have a connection to a thermometer just streaming data while I connect to my radio via Bluetooth, but I've never tried something like that out.

peeps
11-05-2014, 12:37 PM
Maybe I have just never tried recently with newer BT protocols...just a thought that came to me since there was a thread the other day recommending all sorts of different BT speakers for outdoor listening.

bvbull200
11-05-2014, 12:45 PM
Maybe I have just never tried recently with newer BT protocols...just a thought that came to me since there was a thread the other day recommending all sorts of different BT speakers for outdoor listening.

Best recommendation for BT speakers? Put a car stereo in a big-ass cooler :mrgreen:

Spartan Smoker
11-05-2014, 12:51 PM
Very cool but the 732 is still working so i guess no reason to update.

ajstrider
11-05-2014, 01:10 PM
I used my 732 a lot when I first started cooking. I have relaxed now and can't remember the last time I used it. Probably for a prime rib roast.

tnfan47
11-05-2014, 02:46 PM
The way technology is and phones slowly replacing computers, all type of gadgets are going BT. I was excited about the iGrill2, but the recall had me to re-think on the purchase. Once this comes out, I'll wait on the reviews.

Mr.OiSat
11-05-2014, 04:10 PM
Interesting, especially if I think that one of my et-73 starts to make problems... Let´s see how they are priced over here and how moch they charge for the two extra probes....

Happy Hapgood
11-05-2014, 04:14 PM
If I bought that, I'd have to turn in my old cell phone:

http://i57.tinypic.com/svjhwn.jpg

Dwl9113
11-05-2014, 04:23 PM
The way technology is and phones slowly replacing computers, all type of gadgets are going BT. I was excited about the iGrill2, but the recall had me to re-think on the purchase. Once this comes out, I'll wait on the reviews.

I was about to ask about the igrill2 compared to this pros/cons etc. Seems to be basically the same different manufactures and a little price difference. Didn't know about the recall though.

peeps
11-05-2014, 04:30 PM
I was about to ask about the igrill2 compared to this pros/cons etc. Seems to be basically the same different manufactures and a little price difference. Didn't know about the recall though.Recall was related to the probes...

http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2014/iDevices-Recalls-Temperature-Probes/

Hoosier1960
11-06-2014, 10:15 PM
Blue Tooth items have a range of about 30'

peeps
11-06-2014, 10:40 PM
Blue Tooth items have a range of about 30'Hopefully it is using a Bluetooth 4.0 protocol that is capable of ~200' range...

LYU370
11-06-2014, 10:43 PM
Blue Tooth items have a range of about 30'

Yep, Bluetooth kills it for me. Doesn't have the range. If it was WiFi, maybe. Hoping Thermoworks comes up with something reasonable in the near future. Their BluTherm Duo, has the same problem... Bluetooth.

I need something to alert me on overnight smokes in case something goes wrong.

pjtexas1
11-06-2014, 10:48 PM
I'll stick to my 2 732s until they break. If one fails at least I still have 2 working probes. Also, my range was several hundred feet when I tested it. It would be nice to have if the range is good so I only have to carry my phone instead of the phone and 2 Mavericks.

LYU370
11-06-2014, 10:52 PM
Hopefully it is using a Bluetooth 4.0 protocol that is capable of ~200' range...

The problem with that is it's unobstructed range. My PC has Bluetooth 4 as does my Nexus 5 phone. PC is downstairs in the family room, smoker is just outside on the deck.

If I go upstairs to my bedroom and try to connect to my PC over Bluetooth.... Out of range. Smoker would have an additional wall to go through.

Roast Beast
11-07-2014, 06:57 AM
Bluetooth. :tsk: To me, that just means drained batteries, connection drops, and limited range. Should be a good opportunity to pick up a spare 732 or 733 when they go on sale, though.

slow-smoker
11-09-2014, 08:58 PM
I don't treat my 732 very well; It stays outside year-round and I've nearly melted it a couple of times. So far, it still keeps working OK. I hope the 735s hold up as well.

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/i-t77sb2h/0/M/i-t77sb2h-M.jpg http://www.smugmug.com/photos/i-QGKVcZf/0/M/i-QGKVcZf-M.jpg

scp
11-10-2014, 08:44 AM
The two included probes are a brand new waterproof design. Unlike other probes on the market, these probes can be cleaned under running water, an industry first.

This is a cool feature!!!!

pjtexas1
11-10-2014, 10:22 AM
Water resistant probes have been around for the 732 & 733 for a while. I don't like the term waterproof. I bet they are more water resistant. I wonder what kind of warranty they have?

http://www.bbqequipmentstore.com/Maverick-ET-732-ET-733-Water-Resistant-Probe-Made-USA-ET-732-ET-733-Resistant.htm;jsessionid=CD52765D009845E0188DA011C 087B754.m1plqscsfapp05

ButtBurner
11-10-2014, 10:33 AM
Water resistant probes have been around for the 732 & 733 for a while. I don't like the term waterproof. I bet they are more water resistant. I wonder what kind of warranty they have?

http://www.bbqequipmentstore.com/Maverick-ET-732-ET-733-Water-Resistant-Probe-Made-USA-ET-732-ET-733-Resistant.htm;jsessionid=CD52765D009845E0188DA011C 087B754.m1plqscsfapp05

the new probes look way different than the ones in your link

look much more robust. they have a boot molded into them

aawa
11-10-2014, 12:04 PM
I don't treat my 732 very well; It stays outside year-round and I've nearly melted it a couple of times. So far, it still keeps working OK. I hope the 735s hold up as well.

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/i-t77sb2h/0/M/i-t77sb2h-M.jpg http://www.smugmug.com/photos/i-QGKVcZf/0/M/i-QGKVcZf-M.jpg

Are you sure you aren't just borrowing my ET732? I beat mine to holy hell. It stays outside and has been living in my Pitmaster IQ110 rainbox. Before I got my pitmaster though, I had melted it some on my mini....

Other than my roommate killing 1 probe by submerging it in water, it has ran rock solid.