PDA

View Full Version : eBay Klose too good to not post here

thillin
08-25-2006, 10:49 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Smoker-Grill-Klose-Pits-Backyard-Chef-Model_W0QQitemZ300020389641QQihZ020QQcategoryZ1003 5QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I'f it were Kloser, I'd be bidding.

jgh1204
08-25-2006, 11:04 PM
Did you see why he was selling?

Samichlaus
08-25-2006, 11:05 PM
Did you see why he was selling?

From the e-Bay listing

My neighbor is causing problems every time I use this, so I have to scale down.

All he needs is a bullet and a shovel.

kcquer
08-26-2006, 12:04 AM
Dude just needs to learn the phrase, "fark you".

ThomEmery
08-26-2006, 12:17 AM
That would be a great unit

FatDaddy
08-26-2006, 01:26 AM
Yea i would defintly go tell the neighbor to go fark him self, then let his wife come over and eat some q...

Wish i had the money to bid on that. there is no reserve. could get it pretty cheap.

Norcoredneck
08-26-2006, 01:39 AM
I think I would purchase a clearance BBq, Brag about my new "small" Q. Buy a bag of Kingsford, light it up. Then throw on an old tire, leave and go out to dinner.

FatDaddy
08-26-2006, 01:46 AM
I think I would purchase a clearance BBq, Brag about my new "small" Q. Buy a bag of Kingsford, light it up. Then throw on an old tire, leave and go out to dinner.

lol.. and i would use matchlight charcoal covered in another bottle or two of lighterfluid.

beerguy
08-26-2006, 05:35 AM
Bill and Ron L, is that close to you? Isn't that the same smoker model that resides at Mecca?

Ron_L
08-26-2006, 08:54 AM
Freeburg is SE of St. Louis. 291 miles from me. Not too bad considering how far YFF drove for his BYC! Mark and some of the MoFos are closer.

No, that isn't the same model as Phil's or Greg's. They both have the Backyard Chef and this is the Grill-Chef. The main difference that I can tell is the horizontal chamber. The BYC is a cylinder where this one is rectangular with a half-hexagon lid. It looks like the main chamber can be used for grilling as well as smoking.

Since I just bought a new cooker in June, I'll have to pass, but it does look nice!

Rockaway BeachBQ
08-26-2006, 09:52 AM
That is truly the neighbour from hell. I can only imagine there must be much bigger issues than the smoker.

Brauma
08-26-2006, 10:12 AM
Why couldnt that guy be selling in Richmond?? And, why couldnt I have a spare $900 to spend on a new smoker??

beerguy
08-26-2006, 10:18 AM
Freeburg is SE of St. Louis. 291 miles from me. Not too bad considering how far YFF drove for his BYC! Mark and some of the MoFos are closer.

No, that isn't the same model as Phil's or Greg's. They both have the Backyard Chef and this is the Grill-Chef. The main difference that I can tell is the horizontal chamber. The BYC is a cylinder where this one is rectangular with a half-hexagon lid. It looks like the main chamber can be used for grilling as well as smoking.

Since I just bought a new cooker in June, I'll have to pass, but it does look nice!

Thanks Ron, it sure looks sweet. I keep remembering that picture Phil had from in his firebox with a fire no larger than a pillar candle has and it was holding his smoker at temp!

Mark
08-26-2006, 10:33 AM
To be sure, this one will be a last-second sniper operation. Be prepared to pay what it's worth.

ZILLA
08-26-2006, 01:52 PM
I'd smoke every day on that sum bitch and smoke the farking neighbor out. Bastard!

Kevin
08-26-2006, 02:08 PM
I'd smoke every day on that sum bitch and smoke the farking neighbor out. Bastard!

Green saplings and maybe a handfull of wet sawdust every now and then?

Dustaway
08-26-2006, 02:40 PM
Damn good thing he is not in TEXAS

dude would be smelling and tasting smoke until HE MOVED or Died his choice:biggrin:

Westexbbq
08-26-2006, 03:16 PM
Looks to be an outstanding value; would love to try but the freight would be pretty strong; probably best to move up a bit more gradually; my neighbors love it when I cook; I'm sure most of ours do.

wnkt
08-26-2006, 05:14 PM
Is it just a trick of the light in the photos..........or is some of the pics of a stainless cooker and others regular black steel?

Jorge
08-26-2006, 05:51 PM
I think it's the reflection, but Klose does use stainless on some of his stuff or by request.

TexasGuppie
08-26-2006, 06:17 PM
Damn good thing he is not in TEXAS

dude would be smelling and tasting smoke until HE MOVED or Died his choice:biggrin:

This would NEVER happen in Texas. If this were to happen in Texas, the neighbor would conveniently find himself sitting just over the fence from the smoker, talking aloud to himself and just loud enough for the owner of the smoker to hear him:

"Dang it ta all heck. That durn blasted woman dun runned off with her line-dancin' instructor, stole my pickup, took my bestis huntin' dawg and left me nuttin to eat or any plates to put it if'n she did. I shore am hungry. I mean, I SHORE AM HUNGRY!"

Nope, I'm guessin' this un-neighborly neighbor is some transplant from Berkley California, spent his life huggin' the trees the Q'er is burnin' and lovin' all up on all kinds of red meated animals and maybe at some point in his life got real close with a cow or a pig only to suffer a traumatic break-up after the Police kicked his door in and caught him wearin' nuttin' but tall rubber boots.

Nope...this fella ain't one of us.

And he better NEVER move here and try that crap. We would have to go Toby Keith or Hank Williams Jr. on his arse.

Ken (sorry...got a little passionate there.)

Smoker
08-26-2006, 06:18 PM
the pics the guy on fleabay is using are the pics from the klose website. No reserve?????? upset neighbor?????? BEWARE

http://www.bbqpits.com/GRILLCHEF_BACKYARDCHEF_SMOKER.htm

BEWARE

Wildcat
08-26-2006, 06:20 PM
It's not all that far from me.

Dustaway
08-26-2006, 07:35 PM
the pics the guy on fleabay is using are the pics from the klose website. No reserve?????? upset neighbor?????? BEWARE

http://www.bbqpits.com/GRILLCHEF_BACKYARDCHEF_SMOKER.htm

BEWARE

damn good eye should rat him out to ebay:twisted:

wnkt
08-26-2006, 07:46 PM
I thought it didnt look like the EXACT same smoker.

Doorbusters
08-26-2006, 08:37 PM
I sent him some questions, we'll see how he responds.

bbqjoe
08-26-2006, 08:46 PM
Looks suspicious to me too. Or he has the same siding on a similar building etc.

Just be careful you don't accidently bid Dustin!!

And I definately would Smoke the neighbor out of town if that also is true!

qman
08-26-2006, 08:52 PM
Looks suspicious to me too. Or he has the same siding on a similar building etc.

Just be careful you don't accidently bid Dustin!!

And I definately would Smoke the neighbor out of town if that also is true!

If it is true, the guy selling is definitly not brethren material. What a wimp. or maybe he is French? Surrender first-ask questions later.:mrgreen:

Jeff_in_KC
08-26-2006, 09:22 PM
Yeah, I'd pretty much have to tell the neighbor to go fark himself!

kcquer
08-26-2006, 11:34 PM
I thought the pics were from Dave's site. I don't really have a problem with that.
Any purchase like that, I would have to pick up myself and wouldn't pay a dime until I'd seen the unit up close and personal.

I picked a fine time to be broke:| I almost ordered that cooker last summer instead of my FE.

Smoker
08-27-2006, 12:32 AM
I don't have a problem using the pics from Daves site either but the pictures suggest the smoker looks brand new. I'd hate to drive there after winning the bid and find out its all rusted.

kcquer
08-27-2006, 12:53 AM
I don't have a problem using the pics from Daves site either but the pictures suggest the smoker looks brand new. I'd hate to drive there after winning the bid and find out its all rusted.

Good point, but I think only 3 of the pics are from DK's site. The others I assume (maybe a mistake) are of the actual item for sale. Besides, the cooker has only been available for a little over a year, it would had to have been REALLY abused not to have retained the bulk of its value.

JamesB
08-27-2006, 01:14 AM
I'd want to know why all of the photos he posted are from the Klose web site...

River City Smokehouse
08-27-2006, 05:05 AM
Something looks fishy to me! If not, someone is going get a nice deal if they stick with it.

FatDaddy
08-27-2006, 07:22 AM
maybe he doesnt have a camera... or it is the evil neighbor selling the brothers cooker lol

Smoker
08-27-2006, 09:59 AM
"or it is the evil neighbor selling the brothers cooker lol"

Now thats funny

Vacation....come home to missing cooker MOD

bbqjoe
08-27-2006, 10:49 AM
Still waitng to hear if he answered Doorbusters questions........

Doorbusters
08-27-2006, 12:45 PM
Still waitng to hear if he answered Doorbusters questions........

Nothing yet. I may have offended him. Did express interest though.

Doorbusters
08-27-2006, 01:14 PM
It has sold for$2131, poor sap..

thillin
08-27-2006, 02:57 PM
Somebody might of got a great deal.