PDA

View Full Version : Drums and Ribs

PWHathaway
10-27-2014, 01:18 PM
Anyone ever smoke chicken drum sticks? You can usually get a big pack of those for pretty cheap. Was debating smoking them or just grilling them, then throwing on some sauce. Or maybe a lemon pepper marinade.

Also, what is y'all's favorite ribs smoke? I am looking to cook all this Saturday for a get together.

Any advice or ideas are accepted. Thanks.

thirtydaZe
10-27-2014, 01:32 PM
I did last night actually.

Grilled steaks for dinner, and when the steaks were done, i threw on 10 drumsticks, indirect with a hunk of hickory, let them go till they turned pink.

lunch for the week.

Kaptain Kadian
10-27-2014, 02:44 PM
I make lollipop chicken legs all the time. Some with and without bacon wrapped on them.

JbTech
10-27-2014, 03:57 PM
How are these trimmed?
I've got a package now that has nothing but loose skin and tendons most of the way down the bone.

I'm cornfused. :tsk:

Kaptain Kadian
10-27-2014, 04:15 PM
You take a knife and cut the tendons and skin around the knuckle and then just push all the meat down with your hands to make them into a ball shape. Season and smoke around 3 hours. Amazing

JbTech
10-27-2014, 04:22 PM
You take a knife and cut the tendons and skin around the knuckle and then just push all the meat down with your hands to make them into a ball shape. Season and smoke around 3 hours. Amazing

:clap2:

Thanks a bunch!

My wife's gonna be pissed I found something else to put a little smoke to!

PWHathaway
10-28-2014, 02:02 PM
Those things look amazing. Didn't get any feedback with the ribs though.

thesemicullen
10-28-2014, 03:02 PM
What exactly are you asking about ribs? What kind of ribs, what kind of smoke ... sorry, your question is a bit vague.

To cover both bases, I like St. Louis spares and cherry wood.

PWHathaway
10-28-2014, 03:05 PM
I didn't realize I left out the "to" part of the question. Fav kind of ribs to smoke. Not the wood. But I'll take the wood suggestion also.