PDA

View Full Version : How to cook Wagyu steaks

SmokinM
10-20-2014, 08:36 AM
Hi everyone,

Our Costco has some really nice Wagyu steaks and was wondering if they are worth buying and how do you cook it.

I would prefer to pan fry in a cast iron but do not have one and my only other option is to grill it using my OTG.

Thanks

Untraceable
10-20-2014, 08:36 AM
Just like any other steak. It will just have better mouthfeel

jasonjax
10-20-2014, 10:02 AM
I really like the way quality beef tastes using a cast iron skillet on the grill. I will sear the heck out of them and then finish indirect to desired doneness at relatively high-heat. Turn out awesome. A little butter melted over the steak makes them even better.

AlwaysSmokey
10-20-2014, 11:07 AM
YUM,..... the best way to cook a wagu steak is any way you want,..... at my house !!LOL :clap2: You can get cast iron pans for pretty cheap, go get one if that's your preference !!:thumb:

SmokinM
10-20-2014, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the tips. I was thinking if I fired up the OTG there would be major flare ups due to the fat content of the steak and I hate the way it taste when it burns and flares up on the meat. Maybe I should get a cast iron pan like suggested.

bvbull200
10-20-2014, 11:31 AM
Never done one, but when I do, it'll be reverse seared on the OTG, for sure.

Ron_L
10-20-2014, 11:34 AM
If you have a Goodwill store (or something similar) nearby look for cast iron there. Lots of folks don't realize what they have and donate them and you can get a great deal if you are patient.