PDA

View Full Version : Simple and Basic BBQ w/ Pron

aawa
10-18-2014, 08:09 PM
Another weekend, another cook. I actually had to do a few pork butts for a friend's gender reveal party for their baby, so I figured I would throw a couple more pork butts on the smoker for myself. So up at 5AM so I could get the pork butts done by Noon and pick up at 2PM.

First thing I did was fire up the Sublime Smoker UDS and got it cruising at 325 degrees with peach wood. Fun little shot with the chimney.
http://i.imgur.com/D48rLuk.jpg

The best part of wakin up, is rubbin up 4 butts. Some Plowboys Yardbird.
http://i.imgur.com/vfNQqPp.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/VIEUEeL.jpg

After about 4 hours, I checked on the butts and saw this yummy dericious bark. Look at this color and texture!
http://i.imgur.com/z7oXV1S.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/KMOh1nE.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hnbeJjj.jpg

At about the 5.5 hour mark they were all done, so I vented them and into the cambro. At 1:30PM I took 2 of them out, and hand pulled the meat. I didn't get any finished shots because my friends came by to pick it up.

Tonight at 7PM I took the remaining 2 butts out, and handpulled them. 1 of them into a gallon ziplock for a buddy that bought the butt for me to cook and 1 for myself.

Dinner time. Nothing like a nice basic pulled pork sammich w/ coleslaw (with homemade olive oil mayo) on a Martin potato bun and some cheddar and sour cream Ruffles.
http://i.imgur.com/02izipE.jpg

Wickedcajun
10-18-2014, 08:14 PM
:pray::pray:Dammit, I'm on a diet... I'll trade you some scrappy rabbit food for a bite

Reignman
10-18-2014, 08:16 PM
That, my friend, is a good day!

Decoy205
10-18-2014, 08:17 PM
Those look awesome! Love some PP Sammie's! Nice job.

Titch
10-18-2014, 08:23 PM
That's a beautiful way to spend a day, looks yummo

matt meyer
10-18-2014, 08:25 PM
Those look amazing. Nice job

aawa
10-18-2014, 08:26 PM
:pray::pray:Dammit, I'm on a diet... I'll trade you some scrappy rabbit food for a bite

I love me some rabbit food also. So bring it buy and I'll give you a sammich.

That, my friend, is a good day!

Anytime I get a chance to bbq is a great day. :becky:

Those look awesome! Love some PP Sammie's! Nice job.

It is by far my most favorite bbq item ever.

That's a beautiful way to spend a day, looks yummo

Thanks, it was dang good!

Stingerhook
10-18-2014, 08:29 PM
Nice lookin cook there. PP with chips is a simple delish meal.

Titch
10-18-2014, 09:03 PM
pssstt

What's a reveal party?

aawa
10-18-2014, 09:07 PM
Nice lookin cook there. PP with chips is a simple delish meal.

Absolutely. Nice and basic, but can never go wrong with it. It is a classic.

pssstt

What's a reveal party?

My friend is pregnant, they found out the gender of the baby, but waiting till the party to let everybody know if it is a boy or a girl.

Those look amazing. Nice job

Thanks for the kind words. :)

tortaboy
10-18-2014, 11:09 PM
...and was the food a celebration for a boy baby or a girl baby?

retired trucker
10-18-2014, 11:11 PM
My friend is pregnant, they found out the gender of the baby, but waiting till the party to let everybody know if it is a boy or a girl.

Welll!! We are all waiting with baited breath to know! :decision:

PS, The sammies look delish. Love me some good slaw on my pp sammies!

Blessings,

Omar

aawa
10-19-2014, 12:01 AM
...and was the food a celebration for a boy baby or a girl baby?

Welll!! We are all waiting with baited breath to know! :decision:

PS, The sammies look delish. Love me some good slaw on my pp sammies!

Blessings,

Omar

Sorry lol. It is a girl!

Bagman
10-19-2014, 12:12 AM
Looks excellent! Definitely one of my favorite meals.

RolandJT
10-19-2014, 12:30 AM
Damn--gender reveal party!

I'm slapping myself now that I realize I could have had an excuse for a party with PP. I just told people after church the Sunday after we found out with our kids :doh:

What a wasted opportunity.

THoey1963
10-19-2014, 12:33 AM
Nice looking butts Aawa... I love the color and the bark. Not a meteor fan...

BigBobBQ
10-19-2014, 04:11 AM
that pork looks delicious.

viking72
10-19-2014, 06:45 AM
Good lookin Q.

Later,
Doug

ButtBurner
10-19-2014, 06:49 AM
Damn--gender reveal party!

I'm slapping myself now that I realize I could have had an excuse for a party with PP. I just told people after church the Sunday after we found out with our kids :doh:

What a wasted opportunity.

you have another chance with the "name reveal" party

then in a few years you will have another chance with the "left or right handed reveal" party

good lookin Q!!!

Jackinkc
10-19-2014, 07:42 AM
Looking real real good.

Looking for a nice slaw recipe. Mind sharing?

Garyclaw
10-19-2014, 07:54 AM

then in a few years you will have another chance with the "left or right handed reveal" party

good lookin Q!!!

That sammy looks perfect!...........and don't forget the "Potty Trained' party and the 'Learned to Tie Your Shoes' party. :clap2:

aawa
10-19-2014, 08:02 AM
Nice looking butts Aawa... I love the color and the bark. Not a meteor fan...

Thanks! I have slowly converted my ways of not carrying how dark the bark got, to getting a nice deep color with great texture then protecting that color.

that pork looks delicious.

Thanks. It tasted dericious!

Good lookin Q.

Later,
Doug

Thank you. It was tasty.

Looking real real good.

Looking for a nice slaw recipe. Mind sharing?

Thanks and I dont mind at all.

1/2 head cabbage - shredded
1/2 medium red onion - sliced thin
2-3 carrots shredded - I just used a couple fist full of shredded carrots
1.5 tablespoons salt

Salt the cabbage, onions and carrots and mix together. Put in fridge to let the veggies leech out water and get nice and tender. Should take 1-2 hours.

1-1.5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1.5 teaspoons tarragon
1 big squeeze of agave nectar (sometimes use 2)
1 squeeze of frenchs yellow mustard
1-2 cups of mayo (i made my own olive oil mayo that I found a recipe for online)

Put the tarragon in the apple cider vinegar and let it sit for 20-30mins. Mix in the agave nectar, mustart and mayo and whisk till combined. Let sit for minimum 2 hours to let the flavors get happen.

After 2 hours, drain the veggies of the water that leeched out. Add the wet ingredient mix and toss till combined. I normally will put it back in the fridge for a minimum hour or all day. But you can eat it right away after this. The veggies are nice and tender from salting them.

good lookin Q!!!

lol. My friends always find reasons to get together and have parties! It is the kickballer way.

aawa
10-19-2014, 08:04 AM
That sammy looks perfect!...........and don't forget the "Potty Trained' party and the 'Learned to Tie Your Shoes' party. :clap2:

I'm sure my friends will be coming up with all sorts of other parties. It's what they do. :biggrin1:

Bacon
10-19-2014, 01:21 PM
GREAT job with the Slaw!!!!!!!

I'm from South East Arkansas and that is how Memphis thought us. THE only way to do it. Looks great and has my stomach rumbling'. I'd be eating pickles and beans as well .

aawa
10-19-2014, 05:33 PM

GREAT job with the Slaw!!!!!!!

I'm from South East Arkansas and that is how Memphis thought us. THE only way to do it. Looks great and has my stomach rumbling'. I'd be eating pickles and beans as well .

I was too lazy to do up beans and pickles, but I have been known to do them up ;)

SDAR
10-19-2014, 05:39 PM
Awesome looking pork. It's amazing how many cooks get thrown your way when they figure out you know how to cook like that. :wink:

jamaicamon
10-19-2014, 06:02 PM
The pulled pork was OK I guess. :twisted:
Just kidding. I loved it!!!!!!:mrgreen:

aawa
10-19-2014, 06:13 PM
Awesome looking pork. It's amazing how many cooks get thrown your way when they figure out you know how to cook like that. :wink:

The biggest thing is to love what you are cooking. When you do that, even the most basic of cooks tastes great. :)

The pulled pork was OK I guess. :twisted:
Just kidding. I loved it!!!!!!:mrgreen:

Thanks Matt.

sam3
10-19-2014, 06:23 PM
Great job as always aawa. Slaw sounds delish too!

aawa
10-20-2014, 07:33 AM
Great job as always aawa. Slaw sounds delish too!

It was tasty. I need to make more of it today!

peeps
10-20-2014, 11:43 AM
now THAT is a damn fine sammich!!!!!!

aawa
10-20-2014, 12:01 PM
now THAT is a damn fine sammich!!!!!!

I'll trade you a sammich for a piece of that pecan bourbon pie you made.

peeps
10-20-2014, 12:03 PM
I'll trade you a sammich for a piece of that pecan bourbon pie you made.Deal!!!!