PDA

View Full Version : And the brisket insanity continues...

B-More BBQ Junkie
10-14-2014, 08:15 AM
As the yoga pant and yeti boot wearing, pumpkin frappa latte drinking college girl would say, "I Can't Even". :wacko: :tsk:

daninnewjersey
10-14-2014, 08:19 AM
Ouch....

Nvoges
10-14-2014, 08:21 AM
Lol, but agreed. I haven't bought one in over six months as I don't want to take out a second mortgage.

AlwaysSmokey
10-14-2014, 08:22 AM
LOL,... maybe bone in is cheaper..............:-P

Sorry about your bad luck,... I just payed 37 for a 14.6 lb. full packer last weekend.

oldbill
10-14-2014, 08:24 AM
Criminal!!!:shock::tsk: Here I am complaining about paying $3.48 per lb. and folks like yourself are shelling out twice as much!:doh:
I'm going to have a private talk with the Lord on your behalf.:pray::-D

ButtBurner
10-14-2014, 08:35 AM
its a flat

around here they are always 2X + more than a packer

B-More BBQ Junkie
10-14-2014, 08:36 AM
I'm on the verge of chartering a flight to Texas to buy about 10 dozen full packers, sell all but a few of them up here and make enough to pay for the charter, and fund a trip to Disney World for the whole family.

B-More BBQ Junkie
10-14-2014, 08:37 AM
its a flat

You can't even find full packers up here. They are just not sold in normal retail stores. I gotta find me a good butcher.

daninnewjersey
10-14-2014, 08:37 AM
I'm on the verge of chartering a flight to Texas to buy about 10 dozen full packers, sell all but a few of them up here and make enough to pay for the charter, and fund a trip to Disney World for the whole family.

OOPs never mind...I see the name on the price tag

sliding_billy
10-14-2014, 08:41 AM
Still trying to figure out why they sell flats by themselves and then have the nerve to mark them up from packer price.

oldbill
10-14-2014, 08:46 AM
its a flat

around here they are always 2X + more than a packerYou know, that's always mystified me, brisket is brisket and it's not like it takes several man hours to separate a flat from a point! Those yo-yo's probably grind the best part of the brisket (the point) into hamburger and then they want one of your more valuable appendages before they'll sell you their flat!?!:crazy:

AlwaysSmokey
10-14-2014, 08:57 AM
its a flat

I don't even look at just flats,.. so IDK what the prices are. But,...my packer was under 3$ a lb. and super trims,..(full packers that are trimmed by the butcher.... quiet nicely too) were only 4$ and some change. which I thought was too high... Perspective...
I too will do a little prayin for you guys. :pray: high beef prices, bitter cold winters... yuk.... :tsk: You guys are troopers !!

Duckboats
10-14-2014, 09:13 AM
Bought the last packer for $3.98/lb at Costco. I would talk with Sam's or Costco and have them get you some. Good luck.

oldbill
10-14-2014, 09:13 AM
I don't even look at just flats,.. so IDK what the prices are. But,...my packer was under 3$ a lb. and super trims,..(full packers that are trimmed by the butcher.... quiet nicely too) were only 4$ and some change. which I thought was too high... Perspective...
I too will do a little prayin for you guys. :pray: high beef prices, bitter cold winters... yuk.... :tsk: You guys are troopers !!Yeah, I bought two packers last week at the Elgin Wally World for $2.98 per lb., they had nice, thick flats and the fat caps were already trimmed down pretty much the way I like em'!:grin:
I can't wait to see what the meat dept. has in stock over at the Bastrop HEB when they're done remodeling it!:wink:

aspitfire
10-14-2014, 09:51 AM
Bought the last packer for $3.98/lb at Costco. I would talk with Sam's or Costco and have them get you some. Good luck.
Costco up here has them well over that, around $6.50/lb

Duckboats
10-14-2014, 10:08 AM
Costco up here has them well over that, around $6.50/lb

OUCH! I'm glad I'm I live here then!

columbia1
10-14-2014, 11:09 AM
That is crazy, I can get a Gold label Snake River Farm brisket cheaper than that.

AlwaysSmokey
10-14-2014, 11:34 AM
Yeah, I bought two packers last week at the Elgin Wally World for $2.98 per lb., they had nice, thick flats and the fat caps were already trimmed down pretty much the way I like em'!:grin:
I can't wait to see what the meat dept. has in stock over at the Bastrop HEB when they're done remodeling it!:wink:

That's where I get mine. :thumb: It's huge in there now. They aren't done yet,.. but damn.... It's a giant.

oldbill
10-14-2014, 11:46 AM
That's where I get mine. :thumb: It's huge in there now. They aren't done yet,.. but damn.... It's a giant.
Yeah, my job takes me into several grocery stores in and around Bastrop County and I can tell you that the HEB in Bastrop will be every bit as busy as any Austin store, they really needed the extra square footage their getting!
The Wal-Mart across the street is going to suffer badly (as if they aren't already) after HEB has their grand opening!:wink:

evilive69
10-14-2014, 12:15 PM
You can't even find full packers up here. They are just not sold in normal retail stores. I gotta find me a good butcher.
Walmart in Glen Burnie carries full packers. Last time I was there they were $3.68 a pound. The sad part is last year they were $2.38 a pound.

Yendor
10-14-2014, 03:39 PM
I just burned up a 17.5lb prime packer I got from Costco, it was in the $3.50/lb range. I found that the prime packer was cheaper than the Choice they had. When at Costco check the prime.

Mike in MD
10-14-2014, 03:52 PM

In this food desert called Maryland I have two sources. Restaurant Depot (you need some type of business license to get in) or Fells Point Meats...wholesale only I believe so you gotta make a friend. Sams and WalMart don't carry packers up in these parts. Have not tried Costco though.

That's about it.

Yendor
10-14-2014, 04:32 PM
In this food desert called Maryland I have two sources. Restaurant Depot (you need some type of business license to get in) or Fells Point Meats...wholesale only I believe so you gotta make a friend. Sams and WalMart don't carry packers up in these parts. Have not tried Costco though.

That's about it.
You know where I can buy fresh from the sea crab here in MN? No friggen place. Your problem could be worse. Check out Costco though, they should be able to order for you at least.

toymaster
10-14-2014, 04:55 PM

That's about it.

A KCBS membership will get you a day pass for Restaurant Depot.