PDA

View Full Version : Whole Chickens

Brew Crew
10-12-2014, 09:57 PM
So Wal-Mart had whole chickens on sale. Got two of the biggest close to same size ones I could find. Two and half hours later we had some of the best burritos I have made. After smoking them, peeled off the skin and shredded the chicken. Tomorrow we will have quesadillas, and Tuesday we will have taco soup. Three great meals for only $12 dollars of meat. Family of five has to be creative to make ends meet now a days and this was home run. :clap:

pjtexas1
10-12-2014, 10:40 PM
Way to be creative. Everybody has to find ways to save. Doesn't mean it can't taste great.:clap2:

16Adams
10-13-2014, 04:15 AM
Yes sir. And after you skeletonize the birds you can simmer the bones, strain well and have some awesome chicken stock for---well, everything you you use chicken stock for. Soups, stews, beans, black eye peas etc.

Broth- stock ??

Titch
10-13-2014, 04:18 AM
Use the carcases and make Chicken Noodle soup:thumb:

buccaneer
10-13-2014, 04:22 AM
Broth- stock ??
>In its simplest form, jus is simply the pan-drippings from the roasted meat. In practice, the jus is enhanced by deglazing the pan with stock and then simmering the liquid with mirepoix before straining and serving. But the jus is unthickened, which is what distinguishes it from a pan gravy< Culinary defs

Stocks and broths start out the same and both can be made with bones. The divergence comes when you have a stock, then add seasonings and flavourings like wine and so on to make a seasoned and delicious broth. You can reduce a stock down to a sauce, for example, but not a broth. A broth is a finished product.
That is the clearest picture I can paint.
We dived deep on that one already :wink:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3060728#post3060728

buccaneer
10-13-2014, 04:22 AM
SMOKE the frames and make smoked chicken consume!!!

NickTheGreat
10-13-2014, 08:21 AM
Nothing wrong with that at all. Well done! :-D