PDA

View Full Version : Weber Temps

Caper
10-08-2014, 11:41 AM
Hi, I notice both my 1touch Silver and my Performer aren't holding temps like they were, I'm thinking the "vanes" of the draft aren't sealing well, maybe I bent them abit while cleaning. Do you hve to replace them periodically? I may be using too many brickettes and making too large a fire. Thoughts??

qnbiker
10-08-2014, 01:05 PM
The "vanes" are part of the one touch cleaning system. Take off one bolt and they come right off; you can re-bend them for a better seal. Or, you can replace them for under $20.

dadsr4
10-08-2014, 02:16 PM
Another thing is how the vent is adjusted. One particular degree of vent opening does not always produce the same temp. Air temp and the amount of wind can cause temps to vary. On a windy day, charcoal burns fast and hot. Are you using a thermometer to determine the temp each time?

smoke ninja
10-08-2014, 02:42 PM
I was runnin hot on a recent cook and didn't get it. I noticed the lever wasn't all the way over. A hard push and pop it closed all the way. It was a rock jammed in the vent.

1buckie
10-08-2014, 02:56 PM
You can dissasemble, clean & refit......they do go together in a certain order, so replace in order.....numbered on the side of each "vane'...........

Colder, damper weather & wind, yes, has some effect.....different times of year, they act differently................

JDM46
10-08-2014, 06:23 PM
Another vote for 1buckie method.. Normally solves the problem.:-D