PDA

View Full Version : Hi From Boston

battlesnail
09-26-2014, 01:24 PM
Hi everyone. New member here from Boston. I'm new to cooking BBQ and getting into it because I need a hobby and I love to eat it.

I'm about to pull the trigger on a loaded Yoder Wichita. Learning curve will probably be a little steep as I understand stickburners aren't the easiest for newb to learn on but I'm patient enough to give it a go.

Looking forward to cooking some real bbq on something a bit more authentic than a weber kettle.

I've been lurking for a bit and figured I'd register as it seems like there's a lot of knowledgeable people here.

IamMadMan
09-26-2014, 03:15 PM
:clap: :clap2: :welcome: :clap2: :cheer2: :clap: http://i59.tinypic.com/inea0y.gif :clap: :cheer2: :clap2: :welcome: :clap2: :clap:

Welcome to the forum battlesnail, glad to have you join us and take part in the other forums here. Learning new things will be the fundamental part of your experiences here..

I hope to see you in the "Q-Talk" forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

We have many different forums here...
For discussion on BBQ/Smoking topics, we have the "Q-Talk" Forum.

For those who are interested in competing, We have a "Competition" talk forum.

We also have a "Catering, Food Handling and Awareness" and "Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses".

We also have a trading forum where members can trade sauces and rubs available from different areas around our country.

For general non BBQ related talk we have "The Wood Pile" forum.

Backfirin' BBQ
09-26-2014, 03:24 PM
Welcome!

code3rrt
09-27-2014, 11:50 PM
Welcome aboard Battlesnail, you'll love it here. And don't sell that kettle short, you can make some great Q in those babies!

KC

Blythewood BBQ'er
09-28-2014, 02:09 AM
Welcome to the Brethren!

JDM46
09-28-2014, 06:20 AM
Welcome.
I agree with code3rrt. Weber Kettles turn out some GREAT Q.

chambersuac
09-29-2014, 04:46 AM
Welcome to the best place on the Internet for BBQ info - and much, much more. Be sure and take pictures of your cooks and post them - you'll see that we love "food pron" around here.

Enjoy your time with the Brethren!

Oh, your kettle is one awesome Q-making machine...

bluetang
09-29-2014, 07:48 AM
Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

BBQ_MAFIA
09-29-2014, 10:11 AM
Welcome from New Jersey!

jakel
09-29-2014, 11:56 AM
Welcome from Ohio

Thingfish
10-03-2014, 08:10 PM
Welcome aboard, battlesnail!

BigBobBQ
10-03-2014, 08:26 PM
Welcome to the Brethren!! There is a wealth of knowledge and experience amung the members. If you have a BBQ or cooking related obsession or hobby this is the place to be. Sit back, soak up the knowledge and jump in there and be sure to share yours as well. If you can't find or get an answer to the question here then there is probably not an answer available.

Bigr314
10-04-2014, 10:58 AM
Welcome Boston from Pa. You will love your stick burner. So easy to use once you get the hang of it.