PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Wayne NJ

Packaque
09-15-2014, 08:44 AM
Hey everybody,

I am a member of a local BBQ club here in Wayne. We do events,fund-raisers and just like to hang around and cook BBQ. We recently took 2nd place in chicken at the New Paltz Ribfest. Our first trophy. The chicken was cooked in a 4 drawer file cabinet smoker that one of our members designed himself. Inspired by his build I built a 4 drawer and attached a two drawer file cabinet to it. Not sure how to post a picture on here so that you can see it. That would be my first question. My second is that we would like to insulate the 4 drawer and am wondering if anyone has any reccomendations for such. Once I am able to send a picture I will explain the functionality of the smoker. Look forward to hearing from you guys.

Packaque

BBQ_MAFIA
09-15-2014, 10:29 AM
Welcome from Hudson County New Jersey just up the road on RT3!

jakel
09-15-2014, 12:44 PM
Welcome from Ohio

IamMadMan
09-15-2014, 01:36 PM
Welcome to the forum Packaque, glad to have you join us and take part in the other forums here. to post pictures as a non-paying member, simply open a "PhotoBucket" account and upload your pictures. Once pictures are uploaded copy the direct URL link (right side) then in your post hit the yellow picture icon (looks like a mountain) and post your link.

I hope to see you in the "Q-Talk" forum soon. You'll find help on almost every topic from cooking your first Pork Butt to curing and smoking your own ham and bacon.

If you can't find the topic you need help with, or have questions about, just start a new thread in "Q-Talk". There are many people with years of experience that are willing to answer your questions and guide you in the right direction.

We have many other different forums here...
For those who are interested in competing, We have a "Competition" talk forum.

We also have a "Catering, Food Handling and Awareness" and "Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses". We also have a trading forum where members can trade sauces and rubs from different areas around our country.

Smokeoholic
09-15-2014, 02:20 PM
http://i57.tinypic.com/5fn5vn.gif

Blythewood BBQ'er
09-15-2014, 03:30 PM
Welcome to the Brethren!

Packaque
09-15-2014, 03:37 PM
https://twitter.com/PackanackBBQ/status/510553460757233666/photo/1

This is a photo of the file cabinet smoker I mentioned in my earlier post. I am looking for some suggestions for insulating the 4 drawer cabinet. The two drawer is for fire and moisture. The bottom of the four drawer is for a drip pan and the remaing three are for cooking. Any ideas would be greatly aprreciated.

JDM46
09-15-2014, 06:34 PM
Welcome.

cowgirl
09-15-2014, 08:05 PM
Welcome to the forum!

bluetang
09-16-2014, 06:51 AM
Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Backfirin' BBQ
09-16-2014, 11:24 AM
Welcome!