PDA

View Full Version : Ribeye on Himalayan Salt Plate

s0upb0ne
08-29-2014, 04:38 PM
Finally brought one after I saw it on sale. It works as advertised. I slapped one my home dry aged ribeyes and a filet for the wife on the grill. You really get a superior crust on your steak with this thing.

The only thing that concerns me is how you are supposed to clean this thing. It gets pretty dirty after use.

Rondale
08-29-2014, 04:42 PM
Delicious!!! Well done sir.

Gore
08-29-2014, 04:44 PM
Looks beautiful. I know what you mean about the cleaning. If it's any consolation, it is salt. Nothing is gonna grow on it. If you want to spruce it up, probably some 0000 steel wool would do the trick.

cowgirl
08-29-2014, 05:50 PM
Looks delicious!!

Stingerhook
08-29-2014, 05:55 PM
Fine lookin steaks there.

IamMadMan
08-29-2014, 06:17 PM
Awesome looking steak....

To Clean;
Allow the salt block to cool all the way down. Set the salt block down near the sink, not in it. Use a wet sponge, light scouring pad, or a kitchen towel to wipe away or work off any adhered material. Wiping lightly will clean up the block fairly nicely and will remove a minute amount of salt from its surface. No soap is necessary.

Turn the block on its side and continue to clean. Keep the block on a solid surface so you don’t drop the block. Air dry the block and put away somewhere dry until next the use.

Before next use lightly oil the food before placing it on the salt block. If your food burns onto the block, consider using a little more oil with the food so that it doesn’t adhere to the surface of the block, clean up will be easier.

TinySmokin
08-29-2014, 06:22 PM
Dang good lookin stuff...sittin at work eating Tuna salad sammich from the wheel of death in the breakroom...glad it's almost the holiday weekend so I can cook something decent to eat.