PDA

View Full Version : Brisket Re-Heat

zubby01
08-29-2014, 12:38 PM
If you smoke a whole brisket the day before, how do you reheat it for dinner the next day or two?

aawa
08-29-2014, 12:46 PM
after you smoke it, and let it vent off heat. Wrap it in plastic wrap, then wrap in 2-3 layers of foil.

next day, throw it in an oven at 200-250 degrees until it is above 165F. This will take several hours. Slice and enjoy.

zubby01
08-29-2014, 12:50 PM
"after you smoke it, and let it vent off heat."
About how long will this take? ~15lb precooked weight
"Wrap it in plastic wrap, then wrap in 2-3 layers of foil."
Do I leave it in the plastic wrap/foil when putting in the oven? Won't the plastic melt?

after you smoke it, and let it vent off heat. Wrap it in plastic wrap, then wrap in 2-3 layers of foil.

next day, throw it in an oven at 200-250 degrees until it is above 165F. This will take several hours. Slice and enjoy.

landarc
08-29-2014, 01:03 PM
Actually, full thickness plastic wrap, such a freezer grade Saran wrap won't melt below 400F, 350 to be safe. I don't do that.

Since you said for a couple of days, I would suggest cutting the brisket into the chunks representing each days meal, thus split the brisket for two day, thrice for three days etc...largest chunks you can keep. Then once cooled wrap in plastic wrap and foil. Each packet can then be reheated just once, as each time you reheat, you will lose some quality. I prefer to reheat in foil with a little liquid added, I remove the plastic wrap for reheating. If I am reheating an entire brisket, then I pan it, add 1 cup of stock or jus, cover tightly with foil and reheat in a 300F oven until the brisket is 140F internal.

Grillman
08-29-2014, 02:08 PM
"after you smoke it, and let it vent off heat."
About how long will this take? ~15lb precooked weight
"Wrap it in plastic wrap, then wrap in 2-3 layers of foil."
Do I leave it in the plastic wrap/foil when putting in the oven? Won't the plastic melt?

This is from the official "Saran Wrap" website:

Can Saran Plastic Wraps be used in the oven?

No, Saran Wraps are not for use in conventional ovens, browning units, toaster ovens, or on stovetops.

http://www.saranbrands.com/faq.asp

smoke ninja
08-29-2014, 02:11 PM
There is 'plastic wrap" safe for the oven, saran wrap is not that.

seaham358
08-29-2014, 04:51 PM
Reheated a flat in a large pot with about 2 cups of injection mix. The brisket was either 3 or 4 days old and it was great.