PDA

View Full Version : Inflated ego

lionhrt
08-27-2014, 11:31 AM
Last week my boss wanted to have an employee appreciation day and he knew I had just built a trailer smoker so he asked me if I would be willing to do a BBQ if he bought everything and even offered to pay me for doing the BBQ. I jumped on the chance to get out of my department for the day. Before the BBQ I made up 8 pounds of MOINKS and a 6 quart container of ABTs and 6 fatties. On the day before the BBQ I put 5 pork butts on my UDS at home before going to bed and cooked them overnight and loaded my Bandera into my truck. The next morning I got up and loaded all the utensils and more of my rub and BBQ sauce into the truck then I pulled the pork and wrapped it in foil and headed to work. Once at work I set up the Bandera and my trailer smoker up and put 2 family packs of chicken (as the day went on I cooked 7 packs of thighs) and a pork butt and a couple fatties on the one smoker and MOINKS and abt`s in the Bandera. I staged the food so it was coming out fresh every hour as the employees would come out on their lunch and eat and I wanted everyone to have fresh food instead of something I cooked in the morning and cold. I alsao brought 5 pounds of my hot brats that had Jalepenos, habeneros and seronos in them.

As everyone was saying how good the food was and thanked me for cooking for them. A couple of people said that was the best bbq`d chicken they have ever had including my Boss. I thought they were just being nice and were just happy because they were getting free hot food. Every day after the bbq I have had some of my fellow workers coming up telling me how good everything was and some more saying that was the best BBQ they have ever been to, again I thought they were just being nice. Then yesterday one of the employees from my dept who did not make it to the BBQ came back from lunch and said she was sorry she missed the BBQ because everyone in the break room was talking about how good the BBQ was and she said a couple people said the chicken was the best they have ever had and they have never had pork so moist and full of flavor. Now I figure since I wasn`t there they were not just being nice and My ego puffed up quite a bit.

Of course I have my fellow brethren to thank for this as everything I have learned about BBQing I have learned from here, except my sauce and rub but reading here has taught me how to BBQ and given me the want to build some of my smokers. Thank you to all who I have read and taken ideas from.

shawnmcchesney12
08-27-2014, 11:34 AM
Sounds like you did an awesome job!!! Congratulations

sliding_billy
08-27-2014, 11:42 AM
Way to go. Sounds awesome!

Mr.OiSat
08-27-2014, 11:44 AM
Congratulations on your cook.

cowgirl
08-27-2014, 11:45 AM
Dave that's great. Sounds like you nailed it!
Good to see you posting again too, welcome back! :-D

lionhrt
08-27-2014, 11:57 AM
thanks Jeanie work has been kicking my butt, my wife is calling my job my second wife as I have been spending more time with it than with her lately. Hopefully I have them talked into hiring me more help so I can go back to having 2 days off again, I have forgotten what that is like. Now I got to catch up to all the new stuff since I have been gone.

aawa
08-27-2014, 12:12 PM
Great job. It is always nice to hear from other people how good the food you made is. Take pride in what you make and stand by your food and people will love it. The way you can tell their words are geniune is when you see their reaction the first bite they take.

Great job on a great sounding cook!

landarc
08-27-2014, 01:38 PM
Let the ego grow...grow you monster!

Sounds like a great cook, there is no better feeling.

DriverWild
08-27-2014, 01:49 PM
Great job! Feels good to make people happy and you feel appreciated by your friends and coworkers!

IamMadMan
08-27-2014, 01:50 PM
Awesome job well done.... Congratulations!!!

I also liked the way you handled the timing of the food so it was fresh.

dano
08-27-2014, 03:10 PM
Great job!!

lionhrt
08-27-2014, 03:35 PM
Awesome job well done.... Congratulations!!!

I also liked the way you handled the timing of the food so it was fresh.

I was feeding people from 10am until 4 in the afternoon so I pretty much had to do it that way to make sure they had something fresh to eat twards the end. I just wish I would have thought to take pictures

Gore
08-27-2014, 03:59 PM
GREAT story! Thanks! :thumb:

THoey1963
08-27-2014, 04:13 PM
Sounds like a really nice job Dave...

cameraman
08-27-2014, 05:07 PM
How to make friends and influence people. Well done!

Blythewood BBQ'er
08-27-2014, 07:23 PM
So cool of you to stagger the times! Congratulations on being the MAN!

Titch
08-27-2014, 08:03 PM
Congratulations mate, we can present food on here and wow over it but nothing beats compliments of your BBQ guests

RevZiLLa
08-28-2014, 01:29 PM
Great job!

http://www.bowlingballexchange.com/images/smilies/welldone.jpg

toymaster
08-28-2014, 04:58 PM
Sometimes you have to pat yourself on the back for a job well done because your next cook might not be so great. Congrats on a great cook :thumb:

T&S BBQ
08-28-2014, 06:08 PM
Ego or not, sounds like you nailed it

code3rrt
08-29-2014, 10:44 AM
Sounds like a very successful cook, enjoy the compliments:eusa_clap! It really is a great feeling!

KC