PDA

View Full Version : Reheating Pork Butt and Brisket

snaztap
08-23-2014, 08:07 AM
My boss asked me to smoke some meat for my team this week, and of course like an idiot I said sure. I do not cater, I just do a few comps a year for fun. So, I need to know the best way to reheat meat in a smoker. Any tips would be very helpful
:crazy:

IamMadMan
08-23-2014, 08:26 AM
There are many ways to reheat bqq/smoked meat and serve a successful meal. It does not mean that any single way is how it should be done, but more of a matter finding the technique that works best for you.

Many of us with vac-sealers cool the final product and vac-seal it in boilable bags. To reheat the product we just drop into the boiling water and turn off the heat. After a short time it is at a safe serving temperature.

Without a vac-sealer, simply cook, rest, and then pan the meat in some liquids. For brisket use beef broth, for pork you can use some apple juice. Simply reheat on the smoker, in an oven, or on a grill. Once it is at a safe temperature, it can be served.

If I am leaving meats whole, I cook to about 80% done, and quickly cool, then refrigerate or freeze as required. I then take the meat to the location and finish the cook there on whatever is available to cook on.

Always use care to not dry out the meat by cooking too hot or taking beyond the safe serving temperature. Always plan accordingly the use of your time to make sure the meat is ready when any side dishes are ready.

rdstoll
08-23-2014, 08:35 AM
Funny I face this exact same question next week so interested in responses.

If you vac seal what temp is the meat at when you do this?

snaztap
08-23-2014, 09:23 AM
Thank you for the advice