PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Blender... tell me your uses please!

zwylde1
08-17-2014, 07:07 PM
Hey All,

I think I may have heard some stories of member here on the Forum using the Ninja blender systems. I am considering buying one and I would like to hear pros and cons of this unit as well as your uses for it. Looks like it has a lot of power.

Thanx in advance for your insite and suggestions.

Z

Mod note: I edited the thread title to be more clear.

highergr0und
08-17-2014, 08:09 PM
I have the ultima..... Mostly smoothies and baby food. I've done BBQ sauce as well. I want to try almond milk and peanut butter, just haven't done it yet.

Grimm5577
08-17-2014, 08:18 PM
I use mine a lot for shakes, as well as making sauces. I have the one in my avatar. I love it. It can do way more than what I use it for so far.

ebijack
08-17-2014, 08:19 PM
After burning out 5 expensive blenders and 1 food processor, I bought one and a back up when I bought the first one a few years ago, the back up is still sitting on the shelf.
Bonus: wife loves it!

zwylde1
08-17-2014, 10:07 PM
Well after hearing what you guys said, and reading the reviews I pulled the trigger and ordered the ultima. Gonna look into making a salsa with it from fresh garden veggies.

Moose
08-17-2014, 10:10 PM
It's pretty darn amazing, and versatile as well. My Vitamix is sitting in the storage room collecting dust after we got the Ninja.

food4thot
08-17-2014, 10:18 PM
Vitamix is expensive but worth it. Their customer service is as good as it gets

AClarke44
08-17-2014, 10:21 PM
It's pretty darn amazing, and versatile as well. My Vitamix is sitting in the storage room collecting dust after we got the Ninja.

Wow! really?? Man I was thinking about getting a Ninja but then I read reviews for it and the Vitamix and thought maybe I should save for a vitamix.....You are making me rethink that!

What makes it better in your opinion?

zwylde1
08-17-2014, 10:25 PM
Hey All,

I think I may have heard some stories of member here on the Forum using the Ninja blender systems. I am considering buying one and I would like to hear pros and cons of this unit as well as your uses for it. Looks like it has a lot of power.

Thanx in advance for your insite and suggestions.

Z

Mod note: I edited the thread title to be more clear.

Thanks to whoever modified the title. I noticed it should have been different after I posted it, but could not figure out how to change it. :doh:

Eatin Smoke
08-17-2014, 10:47 PM
If you can afford the Vitamix, don't waste your time w/ the Ninja. I have both and the Vitamix will out perform the Ninja any day. The Ninja is a good machine but just doesn't hold up to the VM. Never thought I would drop that much cash on a "blender", but have no regrets now.

BKish25
08-17-2014, 11:16 PM
Smoothies, sauces, and crushing ice for mint juleps.

AaronPo
08-18-2014, 12:14 AM

I'll take that vitamix off your hands!!

dadsr4
08-18-2014, 12:22 AM
My wife makes a lot of smoothies. Just make sure the blades are locked together or you will melt the top. That's a powerful motor!

HardyBagel
08-18-2014, 01:34 AM
The ninja blender is a great purchase for the money. There are better blenders (the vitamix among others) but the price difference is not insignificant. I use mine for smoothies and hot sauce and it performs just as well today as when I got it. You won't be sorry.

Moose
08-18-2014, 02:01 AM
Wow! really?? Man I was thinking about getting a Ninja but then I read reviews for it and the Vitamix and thought maybe I should save for a vitamix.....You are making me rethink that!

What makes it better in your opinion?

I'm not knocking the Vitamix, it's a fantastic product.

However, the Ninja offers a greater degree of convenience with a number of blending options with their tiered size blending containers that the VitaMix just doesn't have.

That's my $.10...

winochef
08-18-2014, 07:21 AM

I would be interested in buying your Vitamix! Truthfully- you could use the $ for BBQ accessories or briskets/ribs. Please PM so I help clear out your storage room!

Mcmojoe
08-18-2014, 07:56 AM
I have an older ninja prep. Wife uses it to mince garlic. I use it to make marinades. It's a nice little tool that is used often, but I love my blendtec!

Wickedcajun
08-18-2014, 08:00 AM
Have the ultima... Smoothies and nut butters... Was working flawlessly, til my 5th batch of coconut butter, i think the other four batches dulled the blades...

B-More BBQ Junkie
08-18-2014, 10:31 AM
I use my ninja pretty much exclusivley for making home made fruit bar pops "just like Edy's Outshine bars). We also make tasty frozen adult beverages here and there. I looked at about a dozen reviews of the ninjas and vitamix blenders, and ultimately decided on the Ninja because it was 3-4 times cheaper.

muidaq
08-18-2014, 07:06 PM
BBQ sauce of course, smoothies, and my favorite: blended iced espresso drinks.

muidaq
08-18-2014, 07:16 PM
...and this thread just made me make a margarita before the kids went to bed. :)

SoCalWJS
08-18-2014, 07:28 PM

Interesting! - Exact opposite for me.:twisted:

zwylde1
08-18-2014, 07:58 PM
Mine is on order. I shall post my first impressions of the unit after it arrives. There is just something cool about having a 2 1/2 horsepower blender!

nwahogs
08-18-2014, 09:49 PM
Watch the blades. They're sharp as hell.

columbia1
08-19-2014, 10:59 AM
My wife uses it mainly for making Tarter sauce.

MNDan
08-19-2014, 12:05 PM
Hate to say it, but once you go Blendtec you will forget all about Ninja's and Vitamix's. Simply the finest blender made, and it looks SO damn sexy on my countertop in red. :) And the digital touch screen is amazing!

Amazon.com: Blendtec Designer Series Blender, WildSide Jar - Red: Electric Countertop Blenders: Kitchen & Dining@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41CBvFvCtTL.@@AMEPARAM@@41CBvFvCtTL

uncblue
08-19-2014, 11:21 PM
[QUOTE=MNDan;3029504]Hate to say it, but once you go Blendtec you will forget all about Ninja's and Vitamix's. Simply the finest blender made, and it looks SO damn sexy on my countertop in red. :) And the digital touch screen is amazing!

I did a ton of research before taking the plunge on a blender. I was THAT dude in BB&B that found an electric outlet, put the Vitamix & Blendtech side by side, & turned them both to full speed. Hands down the Blendtech sounded significantly louder than the Vitamix. I also felt the touch pad had a higher probability
Of breaking than a couple Of dials. The Ninja felt cheap to me.

Add Vitamix is Made in USA & it has made my family healthier. Worth every penny. 8-)

jbounds286
08-19-2014, 11:33 PM
i have a ninja...its solid and turns an entire blenderful of ice to snow instantly...i LOVE it

MNDan
08-20-2014, 03:13 PM
[QUOTE=MNDan;3029504]Hate to say it, but once you go Blendtec you will forget all about Ninja's and Vitamix's. Simply the finest blender made, and it looks SO damn sexy on my countertop in red. :) And the digital touch screen is amazing!

I did a ton of research before taking the plunge on a blender. I was THAT dude in BB&B that found an electric outlet, put the Vitamix & Blendtech side by side, & turned them both to full speed. Hands down the Blendtech sounded significantly louder than the Vitamix. I also felt the touch pad had a higher probability
Of breaking than a couple Of dials. The Ninja felt cheap to me.

Add Vitamix is Made in USA & it has made my family healthier. Worth every penny. 8-)

Yeah - I would expect 2.2 HP to be quieter than 3 HP. :)

http://www.charlottesvineyard.com/blendtec-vs-vitamix-review/