PDA

View Full Version : Can Franklin's BBQ Sauce be left out after opening?

GrillsGoneWild
08-13-2014, 06:35 PM
In Franklin's video he shows how to make his sauce. It has a good flavor and kind of creamy with the butter but when put in the fridge it solidifies and then you have to warm up the bottle/package every time. I was wondering if it is a sauce that can be left out in a bottle (for a certain period of time) since it has vinegar in it.

Here are the ingredients:
Butter
Onions
Garlic
Apple Cider Vinegar
Ketchup
Brown Sugar
Salt, Pepper, Chili Powder

sliding_billy
08-13-2014, 07:02 PM
No opinion on leaving it out. I would refrigerate it in small single use containers so that you only warm up what you need.

caseydog
08-13-2014, 07:25 PM
There is nothing in that recipe that makes me nervous about leaving it out.

CD

IamMadMan
08-13-2014, 07:58 PM
put it in a pan of hot water for a few minutes before serving..

The sauce they bottle and sell doesn't solidify when refrigerated.

Twisted T's Q
08-13-2014, 09:04 PM
put it in a pan of hot water for a few minutes before serving..

The sauce they bottle and sell doesn't solidify when refrigerated.

they might use some sort of oil or liquid margarine junk on the retail stuff that doesn't turn solid but does get a little thicker when refrigerated, that's just my 2 tsps......

Twisted T's Q
08-13-2014, 09:07 PM
I actually think you should be able to leave it out, the onions would be my only concern, but it wouldn't concern me, I think the vinegar would pickle the onions, my grandma always left her butter and ketchup out of the fridge, she lived to be 97, so.......

Bludawg
08-13-2014, 09:56 PM
I made that stuff once I dumped it down the sink it was the worst sauce I eve tried.

GrillsGoneWild
08-14-2014, 11:13 AM
I made that stuff once I dumped it down the sink it was the worst sauce I eve tried.

I've changed up the recipe a bit and added other things they way I like it but his recipe is a good foundation. Lately I've been using oil, instead of butter and don't have a problem with it solidifying but like the creaminess of the butter.