PDA

View Full Version : Advice on a used smoker

planeles
08-13-2014, 05:53 AM
I'm looking at a used Lang 48" Deluxe this weekend to purchase. The owner has been upfront with any modifications or issues with the smoker. I was wondering if anybody has a "checklist" of things I need to look for when purchasing a used smoker? I've tried looking at past threads and forums, and I don't see much nor have I seen much out on the web. Any advice would be helpful.
Thank Brethren

Untraceable
08-13-2014, 06:12 AM
I'd check to see if the doors are warped. That's about it. When you get it home, your going to give it a good burnt out/clean/reseasoning.

Lake Dogs
08-13-2014, 06:36 AM
Modifications, to a Lang 48DX? What did he do? Usually mods to one of these types of smokers screw them up and come because the owner had no idea what he was doing...

ButtBurner
08-13-2014, 06:41 AM
post a few pics if you can

that weill help in assisting you

BBQ_MAFIA
08-13-2014, 08:33 AM
A Lang does not need a Mod so I wonder what the owner did.
Whatever they did, make sure you can undo it without it costing you a load of cash.

oldbill
08-13-2014, 11:39 AM
I agree with every answer so far!:thumb: As far as buying a used cooker the door seals are what I'd be looking at but any weird mods that were done may be a deal breaker if they're not easily reversible.:wink:

bvbull200
08-13-2014, 12:23 PM
I'd be sure to ask exactly why he is getting rid of it. I know they are great units, but if he tinkered with it or broke something along the way and it just trying to sell off a headache, I'd want to know.

Good luck with it.