PDA

View Full Version : Rotisserie Smoker

ChubbyButtsBBQ
08-12-2014, 11:11 AM
I'm looking at purchasing a Bonanza Deluxe Rotisserie Smoker. The claim is that it is barely used...maybe 10 times or so. Original price is almost $5k, selling it for $3k. Said he owned a grocery store, big ambitions, then....divorce, etc. etc. etc.

My point....does anyone have experience with this type or any type of rotisserie smokers? Is it worth the money? Any help!?

sloandsteady
08-12-2014, 02:53 PM
Maybe ask the manufacturer what parts typically wear out first and then use that information when you go to inspect it. Forty-Percent sounds pretty good to me. Are you looking at other smokers too?

poorolddan
08-12-2014, 02:53 PM
Check your PM's

ChubbyButtsBBQ
08-12-2014, 03:07 PM
Steady,

I'm open to anything...I'm just starting to do more catering. I do it for the love of BBQ, so I'm not advertising or trying to stay busy all the time. I know that sounds stupid, but its true. However, it is nice to make a lil cash on the side. I do the occasional KCBS comps, I'm currently using a couple of Big Tex Traegers. I'm actually torn right now between looking for a trailer smoker or buying a toy hauler/enclosed trailer for comps and continuing to use my Traegers. I would like to get a bigger trailer smoker, so that I can cook large quantities if I so choose. In a perfect World, I'd have both....but thats probably not going to happen.

If you have suggestions or recommendations, I'm open to whatever.