PDA

View Full Version : Beef Sweetbreads...has nothing to do with baking!

BobBrisket
07-27-2014, 05:42 PM
I'll leave you all with this pic. More later. Look up Buche too!:heh::shocked:

BobBrisket
07-27-2014, 05:43 PM
Buche....:heh:

cowgirl
07-27-2014, 05:53 PM
I like em parboiled, dredged in a seasoned flour/cracker mixture and fried.
Looking forward to seeing what you do with these Bob. Bet they will be tasty!!

BobBrisket
07-27-2014, 07:23 PM
Parboiled, Jeanie. I'm thinking some southern flavored fish breading and then a plop in the hot oil tub.

Still cooking more to come.

BobBrisket
07-27-2014, 07:48 PM
Come on, you know these are good when Jeanie has prepped and eaten em! Did the pic scare y'all off? Lol
First batch coming up!
Bob

c farmer
07-27-2014, 07:55 PM
I have no idea what it is.

I will be watching.

HarrynVegas
07-27-2014, 08:05 PM
I had a sample off my SIL's plate in a fancy french restaurant in LA years ago. It tasted fine.

BobBrisket
07-27-2014, 08:34 PM
Buche...I like to cook it a bit differently than the norm. I do the boil in the disc then let it it get nice and crispy in its own grease. (Shhhhhh....Buche is pig stomach! :shocked:). Lot like beef tripe. You would think these are cracklings the way I make em! Trust me!:wink:

BobBrisket
07-27-2014, 08:35 PM
I almost didn't leave any for Mrs. Brisket? :heh: little over two hour cook time on these. They take longer if you boil then fry. I just do em hot and fast in the disc.

BobBrisket
07-27-2014, 08:39 PM
I'll let google handle the explanation. :laugh: think of em as a chicken tender. Yeah, they taste like chicken....they kinda do! :thumb: I hit em with some chipotle rub then a quick bread in some southern flavored fish fry batter cause I had it on hand. I added more black pepper to it.

BobBrisket
07-27-2014, 08:41 PM
Into the hot tub.....

BobBrisket
07-27-2014, 08:42 PM
First batch draining.....:thumb:

BobBrisket
07-27-2014, 08:48 PM
Some Pico and ring the dinner bell. I could say they taste like this or that, but you just gotta try em. :thumb:

cowgirl
07-27-2014, 09:01 PM
Looks great Bob! I've not had them in taco form, will give it a try.
The sweetbreads I cook are the gland. :thumb:

c farmer
07-27-2014, 09:01 PM
Wow. That looks great.

Wickedcajun
07-27-2014, 09:08 PM
Those look tasty... My Dad used to cook them often, when i was little...

Zin
07-27-2014, 09:13 PM
I'll leave you all with this pic. More later. Look up Buche too!:heh::shocked:

Mollejas one of my favorites.

BobBrisket
07-27-2014, 09:16 PM
Looks great Bob! I've not had them in taco form, will give it a try.
The sweetbreads I cook are the gland. :thumb:

So good in just a tort with some Pico. I was doing the drippy taco walk up and down the lawn. Who needs plates and napkins.....pfffft! Not me. :laugh: The gland is the same one I cook too. Just hard to find around here. Now I have a source! :thumb:

Zin
07-27-2014, 09:16 PM
I like em parboiled, dredged in a seasoned flour/cracker mixture and fried.
Looking forward to seeing what you do with these Bob. Bet they will be tasty!!

Chicken fried mollejas are very delicious. Grilled mollejas are to die for, a perfect grilled molleja is better than a prime ribeye steak.

BobBrisket
07-27-2014, 09:54 PM
Mollejas one of my favorites.
Would like to know how everyone else cooks em!:thumb:

BobBrisket
07-27-2014, 10:00 PM
Chicken fried mollejas are very delicious. Grilled mollejas are to die for, a perfect grilled molleja is better than a prime ribeye steak.

Mmmm, what's your prep for grilling em? I'd like to know. Now that I found a place that has em on hand all the time, I plan to make em more often. :thumb:

Bob

pmad
07-27-2014, 10:01 PM
Sweetbreads don't play nice with my gout.

BobBrisket
07-27-2014, 10:03 PM
Sweetbreads don't play nice with my gout.

Ouch, sorry bout that.

Bob

CLeeSmokinQ
07-27-2014, 10:10 PM
Here's how we do it in my backyard...

Straight out the package NEVER BOIL NOR WASH
Season with your choice ( typically I'll do a 50/50 of season all coarse black pepper or hot wing rub with garlic powder n onion powder )
Hot grill over direct heat til good color/char can be seen
Split in half an cook some more split side down
After a good char or crisp, I'll slice some onion add together in foil an hit the grill for another 15-20 till onion is soft.. Open her up..

Crisp flour tort, add sweetbread, grilled onion, lime an pico.. BAM!!! Perfection.. 10-15lbs gone every Sunday funday or during Cowboys season ;)

Side note... REALLY diggin that disc Bob I'd like to build me one someday

BobBrisket
07-27-2014, 10:58 PM
Here's how we do it in my backyard...

Straight out the package NEVER BOIL NOR WASH
Season with your choice ( typically I'll do a 50/50 of season all coarse black pepper or hot wing rub with garlic powder n onion powder )
Hot grill over direct heat til good color/char can be seen
Split in half an cook some more split side down
After a good char or crisp, I'll slice some onion add together in foil an hit the grill for another 15-20 till onion is soft.. Open her up..

Crisp flour tort, add sweetbread, grilled onion, lime an pico.. BAM!!! Perfection.. 10-15lbs gone every Sunday funday or during Cowboys season ;)

Side note... REALLY diggin that disc Bob I'd like to build me one someday

That black pepper flavor really goes nicely with em. That disc was a Gift from my dad. It's the top/bell end of the inner tank you find inside of a water heater. I love it cause it's deep enough to fry in. The stand and burner I built some years back.
Gonna try the grilling method.....even better during Cowboy Season!
Thanks again, everyone!
Bob

dodis
07-30-2014, 01:00 PM
Just grilled some last Friday. Wife had prepared a batch of preboiled, then froze in small packages. Pulled the last one out to grill along with some 7-steaks for a quick dinner.

Nothing fancy or major, so didn't bother with pics...gotta stop doin that.

Mike "Dodis"

gtr
07-30-2014, 02:15 PM
Never had 'em, but from the looks of 'em I'd Bob Brisket the hell out of 'em!

Grimm5577
07-30-2014, 03:18 PM
never had them, not sure i ever will unless i some how meet up wit ya when you are making tacos these again.

Smokey Al Gold
07-30-2014, 04:29 PM
Is this the ofal throwdown? Looks great I love mollejas I've never had them fried before! Great job!