PDA

View Full Version : IQ110 on UDS and Weber Kettle

BooRay
07-26-2014, 11:42 AM
Been lurking around here for awhile, reading, learning and laughing some too:thumb: Anyway I decided to build an UDS instead of investing hundreds or thousands on a new smoker. Also decided to purchase an IQ110 with the idea of using it on my UDS and my Weber 22.5" kettle

My question is, I ordered the 3/4" NPT fitting IQ which will go on my UDS and wanted to know if its possible to rig this so I can have the IQ110 work on my kettle as well?

ebijack
07-26-2014, 11:50 AM
Welcome aboard, You shouldn't need that controller for the UDS, as for the weber, yes there is an adaptor ( looks like a cat food dish) that bolts to where your intake is and the controller hooks up to that. I'm sure someone here has a photo or link.

BooRay
07-26-2014, 03:18 PM
Ok so I may not need it for the UDS but do I need the silver bowl thing that covers one vent on the weber or can I drill a hole in my kettle and put a 3/4" nipple to fit the 3/4" male adapter that the IQ I have came with. Would like the flexability of using on both and future WSM if possible without having to order a new part for it

kajunatwork
07-26-2014, 03:30 PM
I took the barb adapter to Lowe's and went to the plumbing section and got a close nipple and a coupler that fit. Then I made a hole under the charcoal grate of my kettle with a unibit so I wouldn't have to put that tape over my vent holes. When I don't want to use it I put the kill plug on the barb adapter and use my vents.

medeloach
07-26-2014, 03:42 PM
My IQ110 hose fits neatly over the outside threads of a one inch nipple at the bottom of my UDS. No need to the little metal cup that comes with the IQ110. I keep that little cup on one intake on my WSM...although I must admit, I haven't used the WSM since I built my UDS.