PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite BBQ/Cooking shows or youtube channels?

mike-cleveland
07-25-2014, 08:22 AM
Just curious what everyone's favorite cooking/BBQ shows or youtube channels are?

Enrico Brandizzi
07-25-2014, 08:40 AM
Aaron Franklin's!

Tom Sellecks Mustache
07-25-2014, 08:43 AM
I like Malcom Reeds Killer Hogs videos on youtube. He's got a few different ones but bbq done right seems to have the most videos

Ruger410
07-25-2014, 09:17 AM
I watch the kamado joe channel a little

Underpowered
07-25-2014, 09:49 AM
Ballistic BBQ

aawa
07-25-2014, 11:15 AM
Cooking shows - Top Chef, Chopped, and Iron Chef. The people on these shows are amazingly talented. They ones that come out on top are the true McGyvery chefs and are able to adapt quickly to the ingredients given to them and the time alotted. I love seeing different flavor profiles from these chefs because they have to think on the fly, and I learn quite a bit of what they are looking for as substitutes for different items they might be looking for but share the same qualities.

thunter
07-25-2014, 11:19 AM
Aaron Franklin's!

Yep, Franklin Barbecue is a great YouTube channel. Then there is the BBQ Pit Boys - Hilarious, entertaining, and inspiring. Of course I catch DivaQ's BBQ Crawl, and I also love the BBQ Pitmasters reruns... with the exception of the infamous Season 2. What were they thinking? :doh:

Chezmatt
07-25-2014, 11:55 AM
I'll throw in a vote for a few Food Network shows. For all-around cooking, especially for technique, there's nothing like Good Eats. I basically learned how to cook from Alton Brown. For grilling and totally non-traditional BBQ, I like Bobby Flay's BBQ Addiction. I don't think I've ever made a Bobby Flay recipe that wasn't great. Finally, because he's an adopted home-town guy, I should mention Tyler's Ultimate. He's got a sort of Southern/California combo going with his food that I really like.

TcircleT
07-25-2014, 12:36 PM
Definitely have to agree with Aaron Franklin’s, AB and the original Iron Chef. Pitmasters and BBQ Crawl are always good on a lazy Saturday afternoon too.

I’ll take the old school PBS cooking shows over today’s Food Network though. The CIA type shows and others where they focused on technical procedure and exploration of other cultures through food. Today’s non-competition Food Network cooking shows are more about personality and jerky camera movements. They spend more time gathering ingredients from around their kitchen, and showing how to carry 10 items at once, than actually cooking.

Aaron Franklin’s spots have all the technical aspects covered with a common sense approach, and just enough of Good Eats quirkiness.

bbq.tom
07-25-2014, 02:05 PM
Some of "Good Eats" is good, but I can't take too much of Alton!
"Man, Fire, Food" is half decent, but too scattered.
Anything "Pit" related I'll watch ("BBQ Pit Masters", "BBQ Pit Wars", etc.) but some are definitely better than others! I've got to stick with "BBQ Pit Wars - Big Pig Jig" since I'm on that one judging Michael's shoulder!
"Diners, Drive-ins & Dives" (love to see what's around and different!)
"Chopped" (just to see what the he11 the cooks can do with some of the weird ingredient combinations!)

I try to stay away from You-Tube as it is TOO addicting!