PDA

View Full Version : Assassin or backwoods?? Help

Chelps03
07-21-2014, 09:25 PM
Sorry I know this has probably been asked before but I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on one. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Which is better? Thanks

grantw
07-21-2014, 09:31 PM
Do you prefer a water cooker? or not? there different not better different. I really like water cookers.

pjtexas1
07-21-2014, 09:35 PM
2 different types of cookers. I prefer the reverse flow design. Nothing against bws but I think you get a better deal with a Humphreys.

SmittyJonz
07-21-2014, 09:39 PM
its Assasian or Humphreyss. Depends if you want Gravity fed or Not. I'd go Humphreys. or 270 Smokers.

http://www.humphreysbbq.com/smokers/the-pint

Smokesignalsfromtx
07-21-2014, 09:52 PM
I love my backwoods!!!

IamMadMan
07-21-2014, 09:55 PM
2 different types of cookers. I prefer the reverse flow design. Nothing against bws but I think you get a better deal with a Humphreys.

That was a factor in choosing my Humphrey's. The similar backwoods was a thousand dollars more than the Humphrey's DownEast Beast. Although they do ship, they had no reservations with scheduling my own pick-up.

Ahhcoo
07-22-2014, 12:13 AM
I love my backwoods but I seriously don't think you can go wrong with any of them!

SmokinIllini
07-22-2014, 05:27 AM
Sorry I know this has probably been asked before but I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on one. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Which is better? Thanks

Both are high quality units and other high quality units have been suggested as well. I recently pulled the trigger on a new cabinet myself (270 in my case). Bottom line is this: Only you can answer your own question. First think about your requirements -- what do you really need from a smoker and how do you like to cook? Next, find a high quality unit at the best possible price and learn to cook with it. For me, the answer was 270 because it is a high quality smoker that meets my requirements at a much lower total cost because I could pick it up -- freight tacks on $$$$.

Dex
07-22-2014, 05:43 AM
I have never cooked on an Assassin or any other gravity fed smoker. I have heard great things about them though.

Backwoods makes a great cooker as well. I have owned several of them and they put out a great product.

I personally prefer the latches and pull out water pan that comes on the Humphrey's.

I see you are in Indiana. I am not sure where, but you are welcome to come check out my Humphrey's in person and build your own opinion of the quality of the cooker.

Sweat'in Pig
07-22-2014, 09:47 AM
Love my backwoods chubby G2