PDA

View Full Version : 2014 The summer of ribs

halfprice
07-07-2014, 11:44 PM
My favorite thing to smoke is brisket. I do like a good rib but I never seem to buy them. Well last month I was planning to get rid of cable and switch to Direct TV. I went into Sams Club and Direct TV was there. If I signed up that day I would get a $200 Sams gift card after the install. Perfect!!!

So I get the card and off we go to the store. My wife loves baby back ribs so I get 3 packages with 3 racks in each. I also pick up a package of short ribs. I let my wife spend the other $70 on whatever she wanted.

This afternoon after work my buddy, Ralph, texts me saying his local Smart and Final has spares on manager special for .99 cents a pound, normally $2.29 lb. I jump in the car and make the 20 minute drive to his store and pick up 4 packages. 2 racks in each. Each package weighted 11 lbs. I also had a $5 off coupon. So 44 lbs of ribs for $40.

I'll be eating ribs almost every weekend this summer.

Ralph and I tell each other about specials when we find them. He bought a large Green egg after seeing my facebook pics and he just got a Blackstone pizza oven again after seeing my pics.

Jerry

THoey1963
07-07-2014, 11:48 PM
I love brisket too, but with just the two of us, it really isn't economical to make. Same with butts, so ribs and chicken happen more often...