PDA

View Full Version : Texas 1015's on Brauma Burgers

Brauma
07-22-2006, 06:32 PM
Farkin awesome. Sorry, no pics. I thought of it too late. I marinaded big slices of 1015's that FatDad sent me in some good local beer - Legend Brown Ale. Your first thought might be to say that I wasted good beer. But if you think about it I really didnt. After marinading I grilled the slices with a pat of real butter on each. Flipped once. Damn they were good & sweet.

Brauma Burgers:

1 lb good ground beef
1 packet Hidden Valey Ranch dressing powder
1 egg
1 Tblsp Lea & Perrins Burger Booster Worcesteshire sauce

mix together to make 4 patties

Melt a slice of provalone on each patty when near done. Place grilled onions on top of the cheese.

I like mine on Onion buns but you can choose the bun of your liking.

Enjoy

Thanks again for the onions FatDad!!:-D

wnkt
07-22-2006, 06:42 PM
WHat is a "1015"?

The_Kapn
07-22-2006, 06:44 PM
WHat is a "1015"?

Sweet Onion.

http://bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17913&highlight=1015

Good stuff :lol:

TIM

racer_81
07-22-2006, 09:28 PM
My first thought was you wasted a good 1015 onion.

I didn't really like onions until the 1015's came along. Now I love them. I'm like an onion-maniac or something.

Reminds me of this girl I knew in Houston about 20 years ago. She loved Ninfa's - a local Mexican restaurant.

She always wanted to go to Ninfa's - lunch, dinner, week day, week end.

Of course, she was a Ninfa-maniac........

FatDad
07-22-2006, 11:52 PM
Thanks BRAUMA..... I feel like a hero.

I just read the thread and PHIL....
I WILL SEND YOU SOME.

LOVE ALWAYS,
FATDAD
** By the way....3 onions weighed 8 pounds.....****

Brauma
07-23-2006, 10:10 AM
Biggest farkin onions Ive ever seen - no doubt. I gave my MIL one. She babysits for us a lot so I'm always in search of a way to hook her up. When she was over the other day she was admiring them and without hesitation I gave her one. She called back later and said she put a couple of rings on her tomato sandwich. She said it was the sweetest farkin onion shes ever had. (Ok I added the "farkin")

Bigmista
07-23-2006, 10:21 AM
My first thought was you wasted a good 1015 onion.

I didn't really like onions until the 1015's came along. Now I love them. I'm like an onion-maniac or something.

Reminds me of this girl I knew in Houston about 20 years ago. She loved Ninfa's - a local Mexican restaurant.

She always wanted to go to Ninfa's - lunch, dinner, week day, week end.

Of course, she was a Ninfa-maniac........

Sounds like a left turn is coming...

FatDad sent me some 1015 glaze in the sauce trade. Compliments beef much better than I expected. Good Chit!

pqbbq
07-23-2006, 11:43 AM
FatDad, where did you find the 1015's?

I need some!

thillin
07-23-2006, 12:31 PM
FatDad, where did you find the 1015's?

I need some!

If you'd show up to eat with us, you might know.:roll: :biggrin:

I've been getting them at various grocery stores. But I imagine one of the farmers markets in Plano off 75 will have them. One is at 75 and Parker, the other is in old downtown Plano off 15th St.

pqbbq
07-23-2006, 01:11 PM
If you'd show up to eat with us, you might know.:roll: :biggrin:

I've been getting them at various grocery stores. But I imagine one of the farmers markets in Plano off 75 will have them. One is at 75 and Parker, the other is in old downtown Plano off 15th St.

My excuss is better than brdbbq's!

My dog is too little to eat my phone!

Sorry I missed out.

Read my reply to TK's post on the other thread!