PDA

View Full Version : For those who own both WSM and PBC.

Bob C Cue
06-28-2014, 08:36 PM
I recently purchased a Pit Barrel Cooker, although for several years have considered purchasing a Weber Smokey Mountain. I am very happy with the PBC; the quality of the food and the ease of use of this smoker is tremendous.

But since I can only compare the PBC to the Weber OTG that I previously used to smoke ribs and chicken, it is possible that I could be even happier with the WSM.

So the question is, for those who have owned both the PBC and WSM or still do, if you had it to do over again which one would you purchase?

Ron_L
06-28-2014, 10:07 PM
Honestly, both. The both do a great job at what they are designed to do.

richierich
06-28-2014, 10:12 PM
I don't own either one so I am interested in this also.

Vision
06-28-2014, 10:16 PM
You can hang meat in a wsm too.

aGATORSfan
06-29-2014, 10:19 AM
Having had both, I still have the PBC.

KpaxFAQ
06-29-2014, 10:36 AM
I thought long and hard about both and ended up going with the WSM 22.5, I love the idea of the PBC though and can see how each cooker has it's place. Doesn't seem outrageous to own both.

BB-Kuhn
06-29-2014, 10:38 AM
It's like this: if somebody stole my PBC in the middle of the night I'd probably get a new one. If somebody stole my wsm in the middle of the night, I'd come out shooting!

I really dig the PBC. What it does, it does well. It is pretty versatile in its cooking options. But I prefer the flavor I get on my wsm, and while I appreciate the set it and forget it concept of the PBC, I prefer the control and choices you get with a wsm.

Pitmaster T
06-29-2014, 11:33 AM
I have my Weber away.... I wish I had of kept it... but I gave it away. The one thing I miss (and yes I know I can choke the PBC with a lot of hassle) is save the coals like I could with the Weber.

I still have the Weber Kettle Though!!!

Using my Weber Kettle

Pitmaster T's Video Recipe Series - Weber Kettle Fried Chicken - YouTube

Using my PBC

Pitcooker T - the long awaited TRUTH about the Pit Barrel Cooker (PBC) - YouTube