PDA

View Full Version : Experimental wings...

Whitewookie
06-28-2014, 02:32 PM
Trying something new with my wings.

Didn't have the time or the gumption to make up my own buffalo sauce and dips so I just got some Hooters hot wing sauce and some SBR creamy buffalo wing and honey mustard dipping sauce (I've never tried any of these.)

The experimental part is the marinade. I made up a sort of vinegar and oil concoction, but instead of regular salad or red wine vinegar I used the vinegar out of my nuclear pepper sauce bottle. This stuff is vinegar with a bunch of scorpion peppers, a few green chilis, a couple of habs and some garlic. Been setting in the fridge for about a year now... It's HOT.

I'll let ya know how these lazy wings turn out.

VR,
Harold

Bacon
06-28-2014, 03:25 PM
Please do Sir. Love Chile's. Currently growing over 120 plants and 20 varieties. Chile head to the core!!

Whitewookie
06-28-2014, 03:48 PM
Bacon, you growin' any scorpions? I've been growing them now for about 3 years. Stupid hot, but once you learn to manage the heat really good flavor.

THoey1963
06-28-2014, 08:26 PM
Y'all are crazy. I love spicy, but Habanero's are my limit.

Whitewookie
06-29-2014, 09:24 AM
The wings turned out great. I think the marinade is a keeper. The heat and flavor of the scorpion peppers permeated the meat but wasn't overpowering at all, just a nice little kick. I ate about as many without sauce as with.

What I did was do them indirect for about 45 min then a quick direct sear to give them a little crunch. Back to indirect, brushed on the sauce and cook for another 15 or so to set the sauce.

The sauces and dips were OK for commercial, but nothing to write home about.

Didn't think to get any pics, but they just looked like chicken wings anyway.

VR,
Harold