PDA

View Full Version : Question for Brethren in the Dallas area

FSUQ
06-21-2014, 03:26 PM
I'll be going to Dallas for a work conference in a few weeks and was hoping to check out a few good BBQ places while I was in the Dallas area. We'll be staying at the Gaylord Texan Resort, which says is actually in Grapevine, TX.

So here's the million dollar question: does anybody know of some good BBQ places anywhere in that area that would be worth checking out? Any info would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Bludawg
06-21-2014, 03:40 PM
I'D hit A J's on Main

Novass
06-21-2014, 10:51 PM
Hard 8 in coppell is straight down the little road that goes by bass pro There is a shell station on the other side of the the highway.

Novass
06-21-2014, 10:53 PM
688 Freeport pkwy

caseydog
06-21-2014, 11:12 PM
Hard 8 in coppell is straight down the little road that goes by bass pro There is a shell station on the other side of the the highway.

I haven't been to that one, but the I have been to the original Hard 8 in Stephenville, and it was good.

CD

sliding_billy
06-22-2014, 07:24 AM
North Main is relatively close in Euless (and offers a quality AYCE), but is only open Fri-Sun. As mentioned, Hard 8 is close. It is a local chain (sort of - there are 4 locations), but much better quality than what you would expect from a normal chain. Smokey's in East Fort Worth is solid, and on the west side of Dallas you have Lockhart and Slow Bone. Bartley's is in Grapevine and made the Texas Top 50, but personally I think it is overrated. If you've got some time and a car, I would recommend Hutchins (McKinney), the other Lockhart (Plano) and Pecan Lodge. Hutchins and Lockhart offer dinner every night, and Pecan Lodge has dinner on Fri and Sat.

Feel free to hit me up in a PM, and we can chat about specifics.

P.S. If you are coming 20 into Dallas (noticed you are in Birmingham, Alabama and 20 is the direct route), make sure to stop in Tyler and hit Stanley's. It is just a couple of minutes off the highway. You will not be disappointed. I make the almost 2 hour trip from home to Tyler and going to Stanley's is a big part of the reason for the trip..

Dizzy810
06-22-2014, 11:19 AM
I don't much care for Hard 8. The one time I went the food was over cooked and dry. Plus I don't like their "by the pound" sales model. I asked for 1 rib to try it and the guy throws 4 ribs on the plate so they could charge me more. Same with the rest of the meat. It came out to almost $100 for 4 people.