PDA

View Full Version : Whole Hog

Bludawg
06-17-2014, 01:06 PM
With all the interest and discussion of late on the subject of cooking Hogs here is a very good article in the subject IN TMBBQ on Carolina style http://tmbbq.com/whole-hog/

oldbill
06-17-2014, 03:50 PM
I've been threatening to build a cinder block pit for quite a while now, I've even got a good source for a freshly killed and dressed feral pig! We're due for a family reunion, especially since the matriarch of the family will be 90 years young next year and we need to get all of her kids and Grandkids around her at least one more time before she's gone.
I think I know what I'll plan on now for the big feast!:wink:
Good article Bludawg! Interesting info about starting the cook at 450 degrees!:shock: I'll bet that really crisps that skin up and seals the juices in!:-D

creekwalker
06-17-2014, 07:12 PM
Didn't realize that Ed Mitchell uses only charcoal with no smouldering wood--that's really interesting.

The article just says that Rodney Scott's pork skin is chopped and served with the meat; the skin looks uncannily like it's been chopped and deep fried first.

Trailer Trash
06-17-2014, 08:46 PM
Great article. Thanks for sharing Bludawg!

64Driver
06-17-2014, 09:15 PM
Doing my 1st whole pig in my SF this Saturday, all info is appreciated! (may need to create a thread to ask questions) Thanks, Dawg!