PDA

View Full Version : This BBQ thing is out of control!

TexasGuppie
07-14-2006, 03:31 PM
From one week to the next, I can't wait to spend some hard-earned cash on my next "BBQ Fix." This is my latest addition to the addiction.

Yeah...I know, I KNOW! A cooler will do almost the same thing BUT, let me tell you; When the food is sliced, pulled, or whatever, this little baby keeps it nice and warm for those coming back for seconds and thirds. I put a whole 12# brisket in one of the trays (wrapped in foil) and 7 hours later, she was still toasty warm.

Plus, when I'm cooking away from the house, these things make me look like a freakin' "Q-Fessor."

Ken ("Hi. My name is Ken and I'm addicted to BBQ and all that is BBQ.")

FatDad
07-14-2006, 03:37 PM
Looks like they are stackable units.

TexasGuppie
07-14-2006, 03:52 PM
Looks like they are stackable units.

They are stackable, come in a variety of colors and if you really want to blow some discretionary income, you can buy a dolly that they fit into for easy portability.

Ken ("Blower" of the aforementioned "Discretionary Income.")

Mark
07-14-2006, 03:59 PM
those things are often used by "meals-on-wheels" programs. I've seen em used on ebay.

TexasGuppie
07-14-2006, 04:06 PM
those things are often used by "meals-on-wheels" programs. I've seen em used on ebay.

"Meals-on-Wheels" usage would make sense, considering how long they keep food warm.

I would be a little nervous about buying one used without checking it out first. You never know about damage to the door seal, hinges, the outer PVC shell, etc. I'm old-fashioned that way...I want to kick the tires before I drive it away.

Ken

Wildcat
07-14-2006, 05:33 PM
A few people use them at competitions.

Where did you get it?

Samichlaus
07-14-2006, 05:52 PM
Those are very popular with caterers. Hotel pans slide right in. The cpmpany that makes those is about 1/2 mile from my house.

hrchdog
07-14-2006, 08:17 PM
Those are very popular with caterers. Hotel pans slide right in. The cpmpany that makes those is about 1/2 mile from my house.
Sounds like a discount mod.

BBQ_MAFIA
07-14-2006, 09:37 PM
I uses these and they are great. Each month I do a few catering jobs and the food trays silp right in and keep thing hot or cold. I'm don't know what you paid for it, but rest. depot has the best price on them in New Jersey.

Enjoy your new toy.

Hawgsnheifers
07-14-2006, 11:32 PM
From one week to the next, I can't wait to spend some hard-earned cash on my next "BBQ Fix." This is my latest addition to the addiction.

Yeah...I know, I KNOW! A cooler will do almost the same thing BUT, let me tell you; When the food is sliced, pulled, or whatever, this little baby keeps it nice and warm for those coming back for seconds and thirds. I put a whole 12# brisket in one of the trays (wrapped in foil) and 7 hours later, she was still toasty warm.

Plus, when I'm cooking away from the house, these things make me look like a freakin' "Q-Fessor."

Ken ("Hi. My name is Ken and I'm addicted to BBQ and all that is BBQ.")

It's nice to see someone else is out of control when it comes to BBQ...

FatDad
07-15-2006, 12:32 AM
I've seen em used on ebay.

How does Ebay use them??:eek:

I know this is Q-talk but I could not resist Mark....
I like the looks of them.

TexasGuppie
07-15-2006, 07:40 AM
I uses these and they are great. Each month I do a few catering jobs and the food trays silp right in and keep thing hot or cold. I'm don't know what you paid for it, but rest. depot has the best price on them in New Jersey.

Enjoy your new toy.

I bought mine at Restaurant Depot in Dallas!

lazybonesmoke1
07-15-2006, 09:55 AM
How much are they?

TexasGuppie
07-15-2006, 09:57 AM
How much are they?

I paid $150 at Restaurant Depot. The trays are an additional cost (about $45 for three trays and lids.)

Ken ("...yes dear, I really did need these.")

big brother smoke
07-15-2006, 10:16 AM
Those are great investments. I got two made by Carlisle off of Ebay 2 years ago. Cambros are the best, but Carlisle makes sweet insulated boxes as well. I got mine from these folks; http://cgi.ebay.com/CARLISLE-CATERING-FOOD-PAN-CARRIER-INSULATED-TRANSPORT_W0QQitemZ150008246159QQihZ005QQcategoryZ 25356QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebaypho tohosting