PDA

View Full Version : Question for Experienced- RV/Equipment

ANerdThatBBQs
06-10-2014, 05:00 PM
Hey guys- looking for advice from more knowledgeable folks. I was wondering how much storage room is in a pop up RV. I'm looking for an RV to drag along with my to competitions and for the size/towing capacity of my current rig, a pop up is looking like a great option.

I was curious though, I have an 18 and a 22 1/2 that I drag along to competitions. How much storage space is in a full collapsed pop up camper? Once they are seperated they aren't very tall, but the 22 is what I'm worried about.

Thanks in advance!

Untraceable
06-10-2014, 05:35 PM
Maybe enough for the 18. You can pack a lot of the little things in a pop up though and the wsm's in the tow vehicle

cholloway
06-10-2014, 08:21 PM
In the Jayco pop-up I used to have there wasn't room for much of anything after the beds were slid in and cabinets folded down and tucked into their closed position.

ANerdThatBBQs
06-10-2014, 09:33 PM
Maybe enough for the 18. You can pack a lot of the little things in a pop up though and the wsm's in the tow vehicle

Yeah that's what I was afraid of.

Also, didn't even think about the beds and stuff too. Looks like I'll have to go with a bigger one. I've got a minivan that I use to sleep in currently but I am trying to get away with not getting the smokers in the van anymore.

Pole D
06-10-2014, 10:07 PM
Maybe you can find a popup that has a small outside deck for storage/hauling.

LittleHill Smoke
06-10-2014, 10:16 PM
Well I have a StarCraft Centennial that would maybe fit two 22's and one 18', when they are taken apart. The walls of the trailer are a bit higher then the lower end tent trailer.