PDA

View Full Version : Wounded Warrior Project

Diesel Dave
06-06-2014, 05:51 AM
I was asked yesterday to cook a hog for a fundraiser in Coldwater MI for the Wounded Warrior Project on the 28th of this month.
This will go along with a bikini bike and car wash :heh:

Talked with the Health Dept to get all the details in order.

Was just tossing this out here to see if anyone would like to help out.

Thanks

dwfisk
06-06-2014, 06:01 AM
To far for me to drive, but let me know how you want to handle it (Paypal?) and I'm good for a donation to the cause.

Titch
06-06-2014, 06:03 AM
My Passport is current,
good luck with your Fundraiser

sfisch
06-06-2014, 06:08 AM
Dave,
I think you have my email address, if not, just P.M. me yours along with some specifics that I can present to the board of directors to see if the Great Lakes BBQ Assn can help out with this one.
Thanks.

SmittyJonz
06-06-2014, 07:11 AM
I'll send Good Wishes and maybe a few $

K-Train
06-06-2014, 07:14 AM
Good cause

B-More BBQ Junkie
06-06-2014, 07:47 AM
My local Q chain pretty much is a giant Wounded Warrior Project advertisement. Might be worth calling or shooting them an email: http://mission-bbq.com/

code3rrt
06-06-2014, 07:53 AM
If you can provide further info on how to contribute, I'll be happy to send something your way:grin:.

KC

10-8
06-06-2014, 01:57 PM
Good luck with the cook. The Wounded Warrior Project is a noble cause, I salute you for your efforts.

Fwismoker
06-06-2014, 02:07 PM
Count me in to lend a hand Dave.

gtr
06-06-2014, 02:45 PM
Keep us posted on donation info.

Some visual aids on the bike and car wash might come in handy. :twisted:

Diesel Dave
06-06-2014, 06:41 PM
Thanks everyone!

Keith I really appreciate the offer to help me out, we'll have a great time Brother :thumb:

gtr you know I'll get ya some pics of the bike and car wash gals :eyebrows:

Might be a WP post though :heh:

Diesel Dave
06-08-2014, 03:44 PM
I'd like to thank the Brethren that have sent some funds to help with this and Keith who's going to help with the cooking.

If anyone else would like to join in that would be great.
I've got the hog to do, hot dogs, brats and burgers so any additional help would be greatly appreciated.

Fwismoker
06-09-2014, 02:49 PM
Thanks everyone!

Keith I really appreciate the offer to help me out, we'll have a great time Brother :thumb:

gtr you know I'll get ya some pics of the bike and car wash gals :eyebrows:

Might be a WP post though :heh:

I can guarantee you it'll be a WP post because i'm bringing my camera. :heh:

birgey
06-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Man,I'd love to come up and help, but too far for me to drive. Awesome cause!
Represent!

rbswrds
06-09-2014, 08:37 PM
Too far for me aswell, being just outside Camp Lejuene I can tell you firsthand what a great cause it is your fund raisin for. Best of Luck!

motoeric
06-10-2014, 12:12 AM
Fantastic cause, Dave.

Why don't you post about this on the BBQ Brethren facebook page and see if you can drum up some support?

Are you just doing the cooking or are they looking for you to also donate the food? If you are supplying the food, do you have a budget in mind?

Eric

Diesel Dave
06-10-2014, 05:50 AM
Thank you all!

The Brethren will be represented as well as the Great Lakes BBQ Association.

Eric I don't do the facebook thing, and I am taking care of all the food.
Between the Brothers here that have donated to this cause, and the GLBBQA I've gotten $400+ towards food.
Also Mad Hunky has donated rubs and Brine for the hog.
Any and all help is appreciated.

Thank you all who are helping out to raise awareness and funds for the Wounded Warrior Project!

motoeric
06-10-2014, 10:52 AM
What sort of help do you need? I'll post it up on the FB group.

Eric

Thank you all!

The Brethren will be represented as well as the Great Lakes BBQ Association.

Eric I don't do the facebook thing, and I am taking care of all the food.
Between the Brothers here that have donated to this cause, and the GLBBQA I've gotten $400+ towards food.
Also Mad Hunky has donated rubs and Brine for the hog.
Any and all help is appreciated.

Thank you all who are helping out to raise awareness and funds for the Wounded Warrior Project!

code3rrt
06-10-2014, 04:07 PM
Hey all, just wanted to bump this, fantastic cause!

If at all possible, toss in a few bucks, our vets deserve it!

KC

kds9547
06-10-2014, 04:14 PM
I'm happy to send a few bucks your way if you let me know where to send it.

THoey1963
06-10-2014, 04:46 PM
Hey Dave, PM me an PayPal email address. Every time I see this thread I think I should donate. Need to quit procrastinating...

ButtBurner
06-10-2014, 04:51 PM
I will be there if I can Dave

I may be picking up the cooker Shirley Fabrication is donating to our BBQ for the Homeless project that weekend that will used for our Michigan Veterans Foundation cook in July and every charity cook we do from then on!!!

Diesel Dave
06-10-2014, 07:46 PM
Cool Brian I hope you can be there but getting that cooker is paramount to us having enough cook space for the cooks we have to do.

Okie Sawbones
06-10-2014, 11:34 PM
As a disabled vet, I would like to thank you for your where your heart is, but I have no love for the Wounded Warrior Project. 67% of their revenue went to 'expenses' the last fiscal year. Their top officers make exorbitant salaries, $330K for Steven Nardizzi. GuideStar only gives them 3/5 stars rating, whereas Charity Watch gave them a C+. Compare this to Fisher House, who gets an A+, with only 6% going to expenses. It is the highest rated military charity.

I certainly don't mean to rain on your parade; I just like for the facts to get out there. Bill O'Reilly can KMA, and I am quite conservative. I think people should know where their hard-earned charity dollar is going. We give to Fisher House. Another little known military charity is Semper Fi Fund / Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund (http://www.semperfifund.org/), which a good friend (a retired Marine) gives to -- also A+.

Thanks again for your willingness to help vets -- the VA is certainly failing in that regard.

Diesel Dave
06-11-2014, 04:59 AM
Thanks a lot for your service to our country Okie.
Also I do appreciate your adding that to the thread.

This wasn't put together by me, I was just asked to cook for them and doing what I can to help. As are all the great folks who are donating to make this happen.

ebijack
06-11-2014, 05:09 AM
Not to take away from what your doing Dave...
For those that can make it this Sunday ( always fathers day)
http://www.walleyesforwarriors.com/

Come out and support your Vets!! I sure would like to see the bleachers filled with folks cheering the Vets as they come back in with their walleye.
They are always looking for volunteers and donations each year.
Last year we cleaned over 1500 walleye that the Vets were able to catch ( that was 4 hrs of straight filling walleye), so each Vet took home 3lbs of cleaned walleye fillets.

Diesel Dave
06-11-2014, 05:14 AM
Hey Tom no problem!

Thanks for adding this here and I hope you guys have a HUGE crowd and catch your limits :heh: this is an awesome thing you're doing for the vets brother

ButtBurner
06-11-2014, 06:20 AM
Not to take away from what your doing Dave...
For those that can make it this Sunday ( always fathers day)
http://www.walleyesforwarriors.com/

Come out and support your Vets!! I sure would like to see the bleachers filled with folks cheering the Vets as they come back in with their walleye.
They are always looking for volunteers and donations each year.
Last year we cleaned over 1500 walleye that the Vets were able to catch ( that was 4 hrs of straight filling walleye), so each Vet took home 3lbs of cleaned walleye fillets.

I will see you there Tom. I am a boat captain and will have Jerry Barkley with me as 1st mate

Fwismoker
06-11-2014, 09:52 AM
As a disabled vet, I would like to thank you for your where your heart is, but I have no love for the Wounded Warrior Project. 67% of their revenue went to 'expenses' the last fiscal year. Their top officers make exorbitant salaries, $330K for Steven Nardizzi. GuideStar only gives them 3/5 stars rating, whereas Charity Watch gave them a C+. Compare this to Fisher House, who gets an A+, with only 6% going to expenses. It is the highest rated military charity.

I certainly don't mean to rain on your parade; I just like for the facts to get out there. Bill O'Reilly can KMA, and I am quite conservative. I think people should know where their hard-earned charity dollar is going. We give to Fisher House. Another little known military charity is Semper Fi Fund / Injured Marine Semper Fi Fund (http://www.semperfifund.org/), which a good friend (a retired Marine) gives to -- also A+.

Thanks again for your willingness to help vets -- the VA is certainly failing in that regard.

Thanks for posting Okie it's good information. It makes me mad hearing how little of contributions actually make it to the people for which it's intended.

Okie Sawbones
06-11-2014, 10:04 AM
Believe it or not, there are much worse military charities:

American Ex-Prisoners of War Service Foundation (F)
American Veterans Relief Foundation (F)
AMVETS National Service Foundation (F)
Freedom Alliance (F)
Help Hospitalized Veterans/Coalition to Salute America's Heroes (F)
Military Order of the Purple Heart Service Foundation (F)
National Veterans Service Fund (F)
NCOA National Defense Foundation (F)
Paralyzed Veterans of America (F)
Vietnow National Headquarters (F)

Mikeinctown
06-11-2014, 12:04 PM
Okie, I do have a question for you, if you know the answer. What exactly qualifies as "expenses"?

For example in another thread for homeless vets it was said that a new building is being built that resembles a pentagon and they will be able to help more people. Is this an "expense"? I have no issues with expenses that help the people directly. I have an issue with expenses such as airline tickets or millions of dollars for sponsorship or advertising.

THoey1963
06-11-2014, 12:14 PM
Mike, those are great questions. But, I would think this discussion might be better suited for a different thread / forum. Whether or not we or even Dave agrees with the way that WWP is spending it's donations, he is already on board with this cook for them. It might change his mind for future cooks, or he may decide that it is better than nothing.

No disrespect intended. Just hate seeing a great thing a brethren is doing be derailed.

kds9547
06-11-2014, 01:06 PM
Mike, those are great questions. But, I would think this discussion might be better suited for a different thread / forum. Whether or not we or even Dave agrees with the way that WWP is spending it's donations, he is already on board with this cook for them. It might change his mind for future cooks, or he may decide that it is better than nothing.

No disrespect intended. Just hate seeing a great thing a brethren is doing be derailed.

Amen.

Okie Sawbones
06-11-2014, 02:36 PM
Okie, I do have a question for you, if you know the answer. What exactly qualifies as "expenses"?

For example in another thread for homeless vets it was said that a new building is being built that resembles a pentagon and they will be able to help more people. Is this an "expense"? I have no issues with expenses that help the people directly. I have an issue with expenses such as airline tickets or millions of dollars for sponsorship or advertising.

36.3% was spent for fund raising. That is all I can find.

Okie Sawbones
06-11-2014, 02:43 PM
... No disrespect intended. Just hate seeing a great thing a brethren is doing be derailed.

Nothing is being derailed. I thanked Dave for his efforts, and made Dave and other people aware of military charities that do more for vets than WWP. Nothing political; nothing nasty. If people take it that way, it is their problem, not mine. WWP still does a lot of good. Being a disabled vet (not in need of assistance), this is a subject dear to me.

Mods, please feel free to move this post if it is inappropriate per your rules.

Diesel Dave
06-11-2014, 02:44 PM
Thanks guy for the replies and the questions.
I will not stop trying my best to do whatever I can, in whatever small way it is, to help our Vets, and the homeless.
BBQ is what I and others love to do, and using it as a vehicle to bring others a bit of happiness or to raise funds to help is what, to me at least, what the Brethren Spirit truly is

Diesel Dave
06-11-2014, 02:45 PM
Guys let's just let the side bar discussion slide off to the side.

Okie posted a fact that we all should know and I thank him for that.

Diesel Dave
06-11-2014, 02:46 PM
OK now today the injection and rub for this hog arrived! :thumb:

A BIG thanks to Rich of Mad Hunky Meats for the generous donation :heh:

http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy92/pignoutbbq/WWP/wwp1_zpsf1047edb.jpg (http://s781.photobucket.com/user/pignoutbbq/media/WWP/wwp1_zpsf1047edb.jpg.html)

farklf
06-11-2014, 06:32 PM
You are 72 miles from me! Let me ask the wife as I only get home on weekends. I am sure she will let me. I might get to ride my motorcycle up there if it's a nice day. Can you PM me the details on startup so I can create an agenda. Sounds like a great time!!!

Ron_L
06-11-2014, 08:12 PM
Nothing is being derailed. I thanked Dave for his efforts, and made Dave and other people aware of military charities that do more for vets than WWP. Nothing political; nothing nasty. If people take it that way, it is their problem, not mine. WWP still does a lot of good. Being a disabled vet (not in need of assistance), this is a subject dear to me.

Mods, please feel free to move this post if it is inappropriate per your rules.

Mod Note:

No rules were broken, but the topic of this thread is a specific event, not the merits of different charities and what the rating criteria are. The suggestion of taking that conversation to another thread is a good one.

Okie Sawbones
06-11-2014, 08:21 PM
Mod Note:

No rules were broken, but the topic of this thread is a specific event, not the merits of different charities and what the rating criteria are. The suggestion of taking that conversation to another thread is a good one.

Has the forum become so picky that if something is mentioned in a thread, i.e. WWP, that we cannot expand upon that topic? It seems spot on to me. :tape: How many other threads drift way off of topic? :tape:

cgwaite
06-11-2014, 09:40 PM
Dave, I'll try to make it up with Farklf. Rarely get a chance to help out with things like this, so unless there is some sort of catastrophic event, I'll be there to help out in any way I can. Let me know if there is anything you need.

Fwismoker
06-11-2014, 09:42 PM
Indiana boys are making it happen!

Ron_L
06-11-2014, 10:02 PM
Has the forum become so picky that if something is mentioned in a thread, i.e. WWP, that we cannot expand upon that topic? It seems spot on to me. :tape: How many other threads drift way off of topic? :tape:

Mod Note:

From our rules...

Topics can stray off the Primary topics as long as it does not continue to the point of destroying the original intent of the thread. Moderators will split or cleanup threads that may have been hijacked. A PM request to a moderator to cleanup or split a thread is encouraged. Especially in the ontopic forums, this is normal housekeeping. Dont complain that a post was deleted that had no useful information.

The topic of this thread is the event that Diesel Dave is working on in Michigan, NOT the merits or various charities and the criteria to judge them. Again, if you would like to discuss this, please start another thread.

You ay also want to review this...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=186887

And...

A MODERATORS DECISION IS FINAL. If your moderated, live with it and move on. We live by these rules, and any moderator action is due to an infringement. We don't moderate on content, but we do enforce these rules.
Challenging a moderator in public for their action will lock you down, all abilities to post and edit will be removed.
Whining to the admin will get you no where, so don’t bother.

Diesel Dave
06-12-2014, 05:15 AM
farklf and cgwaite I really appreciate the help!!!!

I think most things are covered and to have some more cooks there to help out will be a huge bonus. As Keith and I will be going all night cooking the hog.

I'd like to really thank everyone BIG TIME for the donations I have received towards the food for the event. This is helping to get more and more to cook.

If anyone would like to donate please send me a PM and I'll get back with you asap.

We're figuring on a couple thousand rolling through and as of now my figures for food should be enough for about 250-300+ meals and things to eat

Thanks so much everyone!!!!

kds9547
06-12-2014, 08:23 AM
Bump!!!

cgwaite
06-14-2014, 11:46 AM
another bump for a good cause!

Diesel Dave
06-16-2014, 05:47 AM
I usually don't bump my own threads but this one is important to me and others.

I now there's been some bad press posted about the WWP, but we're doing what we can in whatever way to help out our wounded vets.
If you can spare anything to help out it would be greatly appreciated.
So far I've raised $700 towards the food. We're expecting 3,000+ to roll through this event and we have enough to cover food and drinks for about 450-500 right now.
The donations will be almost tripled with the pricing for the food and the discounts I've been able to secure.

Thanks for looking in and a BIG thanks to those who have donated and the Brethren that will be helping with the cook :thumb:

dwfisk
06-16-2014, 06:09 AM
I now there's been some bad press posted about the WWP, but we're doing what we can in whatever way to help out our wounded vets.

Shouldn't need it but I'm gonna remind us all this thread and cook ain't about WWP or any other veteran's charity.

THIS is about DieselDave and other Brethren stepping up to do a volunteer cook for some very deserving folk. If you can please help.

Fwismoker
06-23-2014, 02:22 PM
So who do we have so far coming and who's coming Friday and who on Saturday?

Diesel Dave
06-23-2014, 02:58 PM
I'll be there on Friday at 11 am to get things set up and wait on the health dept to give us the :thumb:

cgwaite
06-23-2014, 04:29 PM
Farklf and I will be there on Saturday morning!

Diesel Dave
06-23-2014, 08:44 PM
Looking forward to meeting you guys and having a good time! !!

cgwaite
06-26-2014, 01:51 PM
Just a final bump. If you're in the area, stop by! This is a great cause!

bbqbull
06-26-2014, 03:56 PM
Family flying into town on Saturday. Other family coming tomorrow nite.
Sorry I cannot make it down to help.

Diesel Dave
06-26-2014, 07:44 PM
It's all good Bull, we know you'll be there in spirit :thumb:

Got everything prepared that I can today.
Picking up the hog tomorrow morning and heading to the site.
The hog got bigger than planned, got to fit a 158# hog into the Lang 60 deluxe, this may be a challenge :pound:

Health inspector will be there at noon and the hog goes in the pit at 1 pm.
Have 2 gallons of apple juice with Mad Hunky Pork brine mixed up to inject it with and 3 lbs of rub to give it some more love. Thanks a ton Rich!!!! ":thumb:

fwismoker will be there at 6 tomorrow night and the chicken king will be hooking up our dinner :heh: Looking forward to some of Keiths chicken

Then it'll be on to the all night vigil of loading the fire and basking in the aroma of some fine hog smokin.

Saturday morning the rest of the crew will arrive to give us some much needed support. Again thanks to cgwaite and farklf for stepping up to help us on the ground.

Donations now have topped $900 and we've now got enough for about 630 servings which include the hog, brats, burgers and hot dogs. Now if we run low and the crowd is still hungry there's a Meijers right across the street and we'll restock to feed the masses and raise more for the WWP!!!!!

Thanks again to everyone who's supported this in anyway you've been able to.

Bikini pics will be posted!!! :eyebrows:

Oh yeah and food pron too :laugh:

c farmer
06-26-2014, 07:49 PM
Lookin forward to the bikini pics. LOL

Great job Dave and the other Breathern.

Diesel Dave
06-26-2014, 07:52 PM
I'm lookin forward to the bikini's too Adam :pound:

but I gotta be slick about it mama is gonna be there and I don't need to get in more trouble than I usually do on a normal day :tsk:

Thanks Adam

kds9547
06-26-2014, 08:07 PM
I know it's a little late in the game but just sent a few more bucks your way. Hope you guys have a great time cooking for a great cause. Looking forward to the pics.

Diesel Dave
06-26-2014, 08:14 PM
Got the email it got to me :thumb:

It's never too late and it's greatly appreciated!!!!!!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!

kds9547
06-27-2014, 04:31 AM
See you up and about at 4:30 this morning. Couldn't sleep?

Diesel Dave
06-27-2014, 04:34 AM
Nah figured might as well drink coffee and browse around instead of just lay there.
going through my list before I take off this morning to get the hog

Richtee
06-27-2014, 12:28 PM
OK now today the injection and rub for this hog arrived! :thumb:

A BIG thanks to Rich of Mad Hunky Meats for the generous donation :heh:

http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy92/pignoutbbq/WWP/wwp1_zpsf1047edb.jpg (http://s781.photobucket.com/user/pignoutbbq/media/WWP/wwp1_zpsf1047edb.jpg.html)

My pleasure Dave... I wish I was closer..I'd lend a hand as well...

Good onya buddy! Rock that piggy!

chambersuac
06-27-2014, 01:58 PM
Just seeing this. I wish I were well. I'd be there for sure - it is a great cause. God bless y'all who are cooking and serving those who served our nation. I pray it is a successful fundraiser - and I pray a time will come when organizations like this will no longer be needed. Until that time, if it ever comes, God bless all involved.

ButtBurner
06-27-2014, 04:58 PM
shots from your not quite on the spot reporter.

I could not be there for this cook, I am picking up my donated smoker from Paul Shirley at Shirley Fabrications tomorrow (more on that in a different thread) :wink:

here are some pics of the hog

THoey1963
06-27-2014, 05:31 PM
Hey, good luck y'all and have fun... :mrgreen:

smokinbutts
06-27-2014, 06:10 PM
From a OIF/OEF vet thank you for what your doing and I wish I could be there to help!

:grouphug:

Diesel Dave
06-29-2014, 05:32 AM
First off a BIG thanks to Keith, Chris and Kurt who all helped out with this cook :thumb: And all the members here who donated!

We didn't have the turnout we had hoped for but it was a great time!
We got nailed with a real good thunderstorm near the end so we had to shut down a bit early.

Well a bit of a run down on the rub and injection that were donated by Rich of Mad Hunky Meats.
The injection was mixed with apple juice and let me tell you what, this is for sure the injection that I will go to for the hogs I do in the future!
Wow the flavor was amazing!!! The Rub was also top notch without question :heh:
There were a lot of comments on how good the pork tasted. Thanks again Rich.

Here is a pic of the serving area and my neighbors daughter and her friend who was also helping out.

http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy92/pignoutbbq/wwp2_zpsb03457bb.jpg (http://s781.photobucket.com/user/pignoutbbq/media/wwp2_zpsb03457bb.jpg.html)

Thank for looking in and THANK YOU to all who helped with this event!

ButtBurner
06-29-2014, 06:40 AM
good job men!!!

c farmer
06-29-2014, 07:52 AM
Wheres the pig pics?

Glad it turn out good Dave.

Fwismoker
06-29-2014, 08:18 AM
Wheres the pig pics?

Glad it turn out good Dave.

I was standing off to the side but i didn't eat all that much! :roll:

Richtee
06-29-2014, 08:44 AM
Well a bit of a run down on the rub and injection that were donated by Rich of Mad Hunky Meats.
The injection was mixed with apple juice and let me tell you what, this is for sure the injection that I will go to for the hogs I do in the future!

Glad to have been a little help... :{) Mad Hunky is always up for doing what it takes to help make charity events successful! :grin:

Fwismoker
06-29-2014, 10:05 AM
First off a BIG thanks to Keith, Chris and Kurt who all helped out with this cook :thumb: And all the members here who donated!

We didn't have the turnout we had hoped for but it was a great time!
We got nailed with a real good thunderstorm near the end so we had to shut down a bit early.

Here is a pic of the serving area and my neighbors daughter and her friend who was also helping out.

http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy92/pignoutbbq/wwp2_zpsb03457bb.jpg (http://s781.photobucket.com/user/pignoutbbq/media/wwp2_zpsb03457bb.jpg.html)

Thank for looking in and THANK YOU to all who helped with this event!

I just want to say Dave is a total warrior...he put his heart and soul in this event and worked tirelessly. It must be a farmer thing being able to go without sleep, i don't know how he did it.... i was feeling past worthless not getting any zzz's. Thanks for the cherry splits Dave!

Kurt and Chris are truly grill masters and know their way around a pit! Great meeting you guys!

Oh Kurt YES you can get 20 quarters on a drum rotisserie! :heh: ....actually probably could have gotten about 30 on with some more forks.

There are some true patriots up there in Meeeeechigan! I felt honored to be apart of it!

Fwismoker
06-29-2014, 10:07 AM
Glad to have been a little help... :{) Mad Hunky is always up for doing what it takes to help make charity events successful! :grin: Rich we injected your brine in the chicken quarters too...It was GREAT, Thanks!

farklf
06-29-2014, 10:16 AM
I had a blast! It was fun times for a great purpose. I only wish I could have been there Friday night for the chicken. LOL. I'll see if I can make it back up soon to help Dave out. Plus, I learned a lot. The rotisserie thing. Cherry, Cherry and Cherry. LOL.

CharredApron
06-29-2014, 10:44 AM
You guys so rock! Good on all ya!

ebijack
06-29-2014, 12:05 PM
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: Thanks to all who could help Dave with this! Like Buttburner, I was not able to be there to help out this time. Looking forward to the next one in July!

code3rrt
06-29-2014, 12:38 PM
Glad for the successful job y'all, great work!

KC

cgwaite
06-29-2014, 12:41 PM
A big thanks to Dave and Keith for all of their hard work. Dave went the extra mile to make this event happen. I am proud to have been a small part of it.

Richtee
06-29-2014, 01:49 PM
Rich we injected your brine in the chicken quarters too...It was GREAT, Thanks!

Yer welcome! Man..sounds like I really missed out on some food here :cry: :mrgreen:

Diesel Dave
06-30-2014, 05:48 AM
Guys thank you again, it was awesome to get to meet you all and spend some time talking and getting to know each other.

Keith, thanks so much not only for dinner but hanging tuff all night.
We had some great conversations and wishing you the best of luck with your great ideas :heh:
You weren't worthless Brother you were still hangin in there and giving us a hand every chance you got.

Kurt you got it Brother, it's Cherry all the way!!! And thanks for manning the pit and giving us a break

Chris thank you also for manning the pit and giving us a break.

You guys were saviors for sure and you turned out some great Q!!!!
And with out you guys getting the hog ready to serve would've been next to impossible. Glad you enjoyed yourselves.

ButtBurner
06-30-2014, 06:00 AM
good job

makes me proud to call all of you my brothers!!!

dwfisk
06-30-2014, 06:10 AM
Thanks for all y'all did and that big yellow stickey note:thumb:

Fwismoker
06-30-2014, 09:48 AM
I just realized we didn't get a pic of the brethren together....unless Dave did and i didn't realize it. :noidea: I was in a zombie state so we could have done a group photo and i woulda not even have known. :laugh:

Diesel Dave
06-30-2014, 03:50 PM
Thank you Dave and you are very welcome sir :thumb:

Thanks for all y'all did and that big yellow stickey note:thumb:

Diesel Dave
06-30-2014, 03:52 PM
I didn't get too many pics but I know Chris did.
Maybe if I didn't break his camera he'll post them

Please

Fwismoker
06-30-2014, 04:27 PM
I didn't get too many pics but I know Chris did.
Maybe if I didn't break his camera he'll post them

Please
I think what we had was a bad chain of events, i broke your camera when you took one of me....then Chris took one of you and then broke his! They should really make cameras that can handle ugly better. :razz: