PDA

View Full Version : Aussie Barbecue

Swine Spectator
05-08-2014, 08:27 AM
Here is the latest addition to my culinary library:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=847&pictureid=8748

I found it on eBay and couldn't pass up the opportunity to have the Kangaroo recipes just in case the local zoo ever "loses" one.

peeps
05-08-2014, 08:31 AM
PETA and the ASPCA will not take kindly to you cooking our domestic dingos

buccaneer
05-08-2014, 08:41 AM
"Dingo" is Aussie for cuckold.
Haven't you heard the common lament "A dingo took my bay-bee!"

Bludawg
05-08-2014, 10:11 AM
I didn't know Coyotes where tasty I leave 'em for the buzzards & crows. Is there recipe for Shrimp on the Barbie??

deguerre
05-08-2014, 10:19 AM

Ah, but it sounds much more lurid when it's said as "Dingos (Plural!) ATE my bay bee!!!"

AussieMatt
05-08-2014, 12:10 PM

What about "Dry as a dead dingo's donga"?

I remember watching Jack Absalom on tellie as a kid. If there's recipes for roo, I have to try and get a copy. I've got medallions in the freezer.

Matt

buccaneer
05-08-2014, 04:33 PM
What about "Dry as a dead dingo's donga"?

I remember watching Jack Absalom on tellie as a kid. If there's recipes for roo, I have to try and get a copy. I've got medallions in the freezer.

Matt

Well, Matt, that is a common and totally Aussie expression!

As for the roo medallions, flash fry rare with S&P with a port sauce, or cranberry maybe.

AussieMatt
05-08-2014, 04:46 PM
Well, Matt, that is a common and totally Aussie expression!

As for the roo medallions, flash fry rare with S&P with a port sauce, or cranberry maybe.

Grew up in Sydney, moved here in 2005. (And it's still too bloody cold!)

I've done them once with a balsamic glaze, pan fried. They were tasty. I'm going to try a couple of things with them and see how they turn out.

Matt

oldbill
05-08-2014, 05:11 PM
Don't let the Carolinians see that book! Lately they've been accused of cooking nothing but pulled pork and if they get a hold of that book they might start raiding their local zoos for new, exotic meats to cook in order to get more respect on the next Brethren poll! LOL!!!:caked::laugh:
Oh, I'm sooo going to regret that statement!!!:doh: