PDA

View Full Version : New probes for my guru

Bowlingss
04-27-2014, 12:52 AM
Do most of the guru users replace your broken probes with new ones from guru are from a aftermarket brand , I thought I saw some heavier ones on pitmaster thanks

Cap5233
04-27-2014, 06:28 AM
Sorry don't have the answer but I did just get a guru of my own for my WSM and am right now waiting for it to come to temp. Got a 10.42 lbs butt I'm gonna throw on. If you don't mind my asking, how did the probe break? Is this a usual occurrence or just normal wear and tear? I've read a lot about these little bad boys and I would hate to be running through probes especially when you fork out that much cash for the system.

Big George's BBQ
04-27-2014, 07:49 AM
I go through Guru Pending how old yours is I believe they did start using heavier material a while back

Porcine Perfection
04-27-2014, 08:45 AM
Sorry don't have the answer but I did just get a guru of my own for my WSM and am right now waiting for it to come to temp. Got a 10.42 lbs butt I'm gonna throw on. If you don't mind my asking, how did the probe break? Is this a usual occurrence or just normal wear and tear? I've read a lot about these little bad boys and I would hate to be running through probes especially when you fork out that much cash for the system.

Buy a spare or two. Even if you can cook without one (which everyone should be able to), I wouldn't chance what might happen during a comp.

CBQ
04-27-2014, 11:43 AM
If you use a different probe, it may not be as accurate. The voltage produced is different on different probes, so I would stick with the guru probes. My experience is that all of these types of probes, regardless of brand, need periodic replacement.