PDA

View Full Version : To Pull or Not to Pull?

Churchwarden
04-24-2014, 06:04 PM
Hey everyone simple question here. I'm smoking some butts and ribs for a gathering. I have to smoke them the day before though. What is the best way to reheat butts... Pull it right out the smoker or wait and pull it the next day after warming them?

**Bonus** Are reheated ribs any count? If so, how to reheat?

Thanks for all the info!

Bludawg
04-24-2014, 06:15 PM
Your gona get a bazillion opinions I rest them for a few hrs and pull them hit it with the defatted juices out of my foil and a little ENC vinegar sauce foil over the pan next day reheat in a low oven <250. I never have leftover ribs:oops:

Churchwarden
04-24-2014, 06:16 PM
Thanks Bludawg. BTW your brisket method is kickin!

ButtBurner
04-24-2014, 07:49 PM
I would pull the pork the next day

heat it in a pan covered with a little water in it about 275 until the bone wiggles and its probe tender. pull as usual

I almost always do it this way

ace27705
04-24-2014, 07:55 PM
keep in intact ...reheat it to desired temp id say 160 or so .....then pull...if you pull it and then reheat it ...it will be dry. Nuff Said !!!

IamMadMan
04-24-2014, 09:23 PM
I have done both ways;

1) Leaving the butt whole, reheat in a foil pan the next day and pull.

2) Pulling after the rest and gently heating the next day.

I find that even holding overnight, or a few days I prefer to reheat as follows...

When the bone wiggles, rest the pork butts for a few hours and pull them in large pieces, remove the fat and other undesirables, put the meat (5 lbs) in a vac-seal bag, add the defatted juices from the pan and seal. When ready to heat drop the vac-seal bag(s) into a pan of boiling water and set to simmer for 15 minutes and serve with sauce on the side.